Hotel Gutenberg(Strasbourg)
US$83
US$228
US$165
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$108
US$85
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Comfort Hotel Strasbourg Ouest(Strasbourg)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$75
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

All reviewsswimming poolgreat facilitiesnice hotelcreme brûléecity centrehotel is locatedunderground parkinggreat showerclean roomsthe hotel offerstram stopwould highly recommend this hotela great place to staypublic transportbusiness tripminute walkwould stay here again
Reviewed April 10, 2018

First, the good! My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Athena with our dog for 2 nights. It was clean, modern, and sleek. We ate at their restaurant both nights and it was gourmet status! I got the Creme Brûlée for dessert both times. The carrot soup was also amazing. The gym area was nice and no one else except us were in there on an early Saturday afternoon. We also took advantage of the spa area since we were celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. We booked a couples massage which was extremely relaxing, and also purchased passes to the sauna/steam area. I personally loved the sauna with the aromatherapy in it. We were also able to get late checkout till 1pm, just by asking the night before. We had their buffet breakfast which was quite delicious with both European and American breakfast options. I personally was really happy that they had gluten-free bread available, since I have to be gluten-free! The hotel is outside the main area of Strasbourg which was nice....there was a nearby trail to walk the dog and it was away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. I also thought the price for the hotel was great considering how expensive-looking and modern it is.

Next, the not-as-great aspects:
The first morning, around 7:45am, a man (I assume an employee of the hotel?) loudly knocked on our door. We were still sleeping so the knock woke us up. I answered the door and opened it just a crack. I have no idea what the man was saying because he was speaking French and we only speak English. I said that we were still sleeping and shut the door. It was a little annoying but didn't spoil our stay (we didn't complain about it). Also, sometimes my key card wouldn't work on the elevator going down to the garage. (But it would work to get into our room.) It was nice that the toilet was in a separate chamber in the room and that the light turned on automatically when you walk in, but every time while using the toilet, the light would shut off and I'd have to wave my arm to get it to come back on! That was pretty annoying. However, with everything considered it is a place we would stay again and we had a great experience overall!

Room Tip: We had a room looking toward the main area of Strasbourg and could see the point of the cathedral from our room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
MARIE-CHRISTINE A, Directeur général at Athena Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

Thank you for your excellent rate and comment which have delighted our staff !
We are really happy that your stay satisfied you, your husband and your dog .

The Spa and Wellness area that you liked so much are open from 10am to 11pm : it let you the time to relax at any time, even at the evening

We are also pleased that you enjoy the recipes of our Chef who works with seasonal and fresh products in our restaurant.

As you said, the breakfast buffet offer gluten-free bread and a large variety of local and fresh products (bacon, eggs, sausages, breads, cereals, fruits, yogurts, pastries, hot and cold drinks…).
So you can start the day the best way !

We are really sorry about the man who knocked at your door. We don’t think that it was an employee, because the cleaning is only begining around 10 oclock on the weekends. We will enquire our staff to know what happened.
We are also looking about the light in the toilet which shut off quickly, to make it last longer.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean, the rooms are clean and clean. Modernly furnished. Spa and wellness is great, clean, nicely decorated, for complete peace and relaxation.
Three saunas and a relaxation room with the sound of a fireplace.
Thank you for enjoying ,Athina!
This hotel should be here!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is very good, royal breakfast, the beds are comfy. Plus punt was that the sauna en Spa were free of charge during the holidays.
Very fast check in.
They even have a spot for electric cars with charging station.
I really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank holyday4ever
Reviewed December 10, 2017

Room cleanliness and size was good. Staff friendly and helpful.
Common areas lack atmosphere. Ate in dining room on first night as it was too late/cold to go into town - the food was good, but the 'feel' of the room was depressing.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Firstly, the internet was not working properly for three days that I stayed. I kindly asked receptionist to fix the Internet in the first night because both my partner and I had some important works to do. But receptionists imply that this issue happen because of our devices. And then, three more people came to claim about the same internet problems with different divices. But all she said to them was I cannot do anything. I thought the reason why she cannot call specialists was because it's a night, however, we had same internet issue for whole three days.

Secondly, the people are generally unhelpful and rude. In the check out, I asked a receptionist if I could put my language in the hotel untill evening. She said yes and open the room for me. I had five huge language and two small bags. It was very heavy and I was alone but she did not help me at all to move these language. She just suggested to me to put the heavy language in the second shelter even though I had difficulty to carry them up, she just stand there look at me and do nothing. When I was moving all the stuff to the down stairs, one of the guest saw me and helped me to put in the elevator and bring down, however non of stuffs helped me even though they knew it is difficult for me.

Lastly, if you want to order to clean your suits, they won't put it back in our room, you have to go to the reception to get it. If you want to borrow something from hotel, you have to bring it back to the reception. Otherwise, they asked you to go upstairs and bring them down. We borrowe a cable for internet ( it was not working of course), and I put it on the desk in the room. When I check out, the receptionist said
"You are borrowing cable." And I said " yes I put it on the desk next to the bed" and she said
" you have to bring it here" They cannot even say something politely. She could have said 'could you please bring this down?' I felt like she is he boss and I had to obey her. Very uncomfortable stay. She asked how was my staying so I said I didn't really enjoy It because the internet was not working. And she said we are trying to fix. Without saying sorry. What kind of hospitality is that ?

Anyway, the price was much more expensive than what it is. I highly recommend not to stay in this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soheila M
CHRISTINE R, Directeur général at Athena Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We are very sorry to learn that your stay wasn’t well because of the WIFI access. We would like to let you know that we are improving our WIFI system. We want our clients to have the best access to Internet as possible ! We appologize for that inconvenience.

Concerning the luggage, we unfortunately do not have a porter service or private dedicated staff, due to the fact that this service is not available in a 3 stars hotel.

However, we hope that you had a pleasant time in your room and at the Spa ?
We wish you a good day.