La Cuiller a Pot is a wonderful restaurant slightly outside the frantic touristic bustle in a charming spot. You will enjoy eating here. While I was on the fence about whether to say four or five stars, I will go with five. Here are some things to note...
1. Reservations are likely necessary, yet a last-minute one may be possible. On a nice evening, be sure to request a seat on the patio.
2. The vibe is more casual. You can have a romantic meal here with or without dressing up. Service feels more relaxed and ever-so-slightly less polished than the fanciest places.
3. The food here is excellent, yet more or less traditional. I had a steak dish that was cooked perfectly. For dessert I had a chocolate lava cake that (while standard) was the best I have ever had. Nothing was "shocking", molecular gastronomy, or out of left field in terms of cuisine.
4. Prices are reasonable. While by no means cheap, you can have a nice meal here without sticker shock.
5. The wine list offers great variety of both wine styles and price points.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.