“Your meal here”
Review of La Cuiller a Pot

La Cuiller a Pot
Reserve with
La Cuiller a Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,600 Restaurants in Strasbourg
Price range: US$35 - US$59
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

La Cuiller a Pot is a wonderful restaurant slightly outside the frantic touristic bustle in a charming spot. You will enjoy eating here. While I was on the fence about whether to say four or five stars, I will go with five. Here are some things to note...

1. Reservations are likely necessary, yet a last-minute one may be possible. On a nice evening, be sure to request a seat on the patio.
2. The vibe is more casual. You can have a romantic meal here with or without dressing up. Service feels more relaxed and ever-so-slightly less polished than the fanciest places.
3. The food here is excellent, yet more or less traditional. I had a steak dish that was cooked perfectly. For dessert I had a chocolate lava cake that (while standard) was the best I have ever had. Nothing was "shocking", molecular gastronomy, or out of left field in terms of cuisine.
4. Prices are reasonable. While by no means cheap, you can have a nice meal here without sticker shock.
5. The wine list offers great variety of both wine styles and price points.

2  Thank mbc421

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful fine food, Very very nice, options for vegetarians too. Nice desert. Good place for a romantic dinner with you love one.

1  Thank Diana_capozza
Reviewed August 16, 2017

We reserved this restaurant upon the good reviews on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. It was too hot to sit inside (no air condition) so we sat outside, it was still hot but not suffocating. We were six people, We had some nice starters, fillet and other meats for the main course as well as one fish plate. All was freshly cooked and very tasty. The average price for starters is 14 euros, for main 23 euros. I would recommend eating there when the weather gets a bit cooler, as the food is so good but the heat makes it uncomfortable to enjoy it.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

4 of us stopped in at this restaurant for lunch recently on a rainy day in Strasbourg. We were made to feel at home immediately by a waiter who spoke excellent English. He helped us to make sense of the daily specials on offer and made suggestions for wines to accompany the meals that we chose. All members of our party were pleased with the meals that they had chosen and the accompanying wines. Save room for dessert, you won't regret it. I would happily return to this restaurant and have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending it to others. It was the best meal I had in the 3 days that I spent in Strasbourg. Merci.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We went here for lunch after searching on Trip Advisor for a nice place for lunch away from the tourist restaurants and cafes and we were thrilled to have found this place. The food and service were great! I had the lamb and my partner had the swordfish and both dishes were outstanding! We shared the yummy chocolate souffle! We didn't book but it is advisable to book especially for dinner! Treat yourself to some of the best food in France and visit La Cuiller a Pot!