“What a place to not miss”
Review of HA Restaurant

HA Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 2,743 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$27 - US$61
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Yes this is definitely a place quite expensive...but what a pleasure to enjoy a food and wine matching surprise...
Everything is perfect, from the service which is nice, present but not overwhelming to the food which is a great surprise each time you get a new meal!
They really take attention to their customers and that makes it a definitely nice enjoyable evening!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

4 of us went to le Ha for a birthday lunch. We had the 4 meals lunch set menu with a bottle of Saint Veran: soup, fish, meat and dessert. Every dish was good, the veal was a delight. Very pleasant moment all together.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

I have been living in Bordeaux for a while and I cannot believe this was my first experience at Hâ. It will not be my last.

The cuisine is some of the best I have had in France, not just Bordeaux. It is refined. It is restrained, with complete and elegant flavors prepared with precision. I travel and dine for my work, and this was simply one of the most surprising meals that I have had in ages. Admittedly, the service had a few easily forgivable gaps in timing, but you must relax and take this place in. To understand this restaurant is to give it a resounding - WOW!

If you love food, you MUST dine here. The chef is an absolute talent and you can tell how seriously the place takes itself. Not pretentious or fixated on awards, which they deserve, but offers genuine hospitality and an amazing culinary experience. In the spirit of Michelin, this place is worth venturing to.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

I saw the reviews in TA and decided to book a dinner at HA. Likewise the other reviews, I agree that the quality of food and its presentation are outstanding. But I felt that little things are missing to make this place extraordinary. First of all, the restaurant does not offer wine pairing option, which would be great with the surprise menu. I felt that the restaurant needs extra attendants, the service was slow and not friendly at all. Finally, I really felt uncomfortable at the end of the meal, when I had to walk to the cashier to pay the bill and the attendant only told me the total price (above EUR 200 for 1 couple), without showing the details of the bill. Despite of these little improvements, it is worth visiting this place.

1  Thank Rafaelym
Reviewed January 11, 2018

This place only seats 20 people so having a reservation is key. It's nestled in what seems like the middle of nowhere in a historic part of the Central Bordeaux. They cook with what they have and your only choice is how many plates you'd like:2,4 or 6. With wine and champagne by the bottle the plates are nothing short of works of art. Flavors juxtaposed but not competing with each other. No reliance on sauces or gimmicks just really well planned and executed dishes. The entire meal was deliberate and seemed to be served exactly as planned. They are celebrating their 1 year anniversary next month and I cannot believe more people haven't reviewed this place. It was fantastic. The atmosphere was casual and laid back but they sure were serious about the food. We had a wonderful experience here. I'm going to brag about this meal for years to come!

1  Thank michaelcoppage