“Adequate”

Adagio Bordeaux Gambetta
Ranked #12 of 175 Hotels in Bordeaux
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The room was shabby, and not as advertised: the website said there was a separate bedroom, but it was really just a hotel room with a kitchenette and a curtain that could be pulled across the middle of the room. The dishwasher was falling apart. The dividing curtain was frayed. The room was too warm and the air conditioning didn't work. When we checked out early, we were told we'd have to provide our bank account information (!) to get a refund. (Here's the thing: I've worked retail, so I know how easy it is to do a credit card refund; you literally just press a different button on the machine.) The best I can say about this place is that it's reasonably clean and centrally located.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MANAGER G, Directeur général at Adagio Bordeaux Gambetta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking time to write a comment after your stay at Adagio Bordeaux Gambetta. I would like to present you my apologizes for the inconvenience. Be sure that I shared your remark with our tecnical manager in order to be sure that this situation did not happen again.

You can see below the description of the studio on our Web site, we mention well "Japanese screen wall" and not a separate room :
"Lounge with 1 single sofa bed and 1 double bed (separated by a Japanese screen wall)..."

I really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again, Best regards.

Sylvie RESTOUILH

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Great apartment in Bordeaux. Right on the doorstep of everything. Huge room with a balcony. Had everything you could possibly need to have a great stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again or recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I was impressed with this hotel. It's location is good within easy walking distance of the centre. The bed was particularly comfortable and the room was well appointed. It was useful to have kitchen facilities especially the fridge and kettle. I'd stay again and would recommend for anyone visiting Bordeaux.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Very impressed with the size, cleanliness and quality of accommodation. Staff were very helpful and was in a convenient location to explore the City.
Would definitely recommend.
Thanks also for the free upgrade - we didn't ask for it but it was appreciated! Will look out for this chain when booking our next City Break.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Given the price and location I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the room and the facilities. The location is central enough, the hotel is very clean, the rooms spacious, facilities very good and staff really helpful.

Highly recommend as a convenient place to stay whilst on Bordeaux.

1  Thank Stacey242013
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Location absolutely excellent for wandering around the city. Underground car park opposite - be confident when you see the down ramp. It really is down there (cost 19 euros for up to 24 hours). Excellent friendly greeting at reception when we arrived although challenged my French skills as the gentleman who dealt with us didn't speak English - other receptionists did when we checked out. Room was exceptional - booked a Studio for 3 people. What we got was "plus grand" (bigger!). Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, sitting area and balcony. Toilet in separate area by the front door - proper door unlike a comment we read elsewhere. Hair dryer in the bathroom. TV. Kitchen really well equipped - dishwasher, microwave, sink, kettle, cutlery. Only odd thing is that there were no cup, plates or bowls anywhere. We asked for cups and two were delivered very quickly so presumably just an oversight. Everywhere very clean and plenty of storage. We were only there for one night but you could live happily here for weeks! If I find myself in Bordeaux again I will stay here without doubt.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We (family of 4) stayed a night in Bordeaux prior to heading to Parentis en Born for the main part of our holiday. This hotel is ideally situated, 24 hour underground parking opposite and in a central spot. I had booked a table at the Racine Restaurant unaware of location, and found Racine was literally a stones throw away.

The hotel is smart and clean looking. Reception very welcoming and efficient. The accommodation - perfect. You get a kitchenette, double bed and 2 single beds plus bathroom facilities (excellent shower + bath as an alternative option), but cleverly you can partition out the space to effectively create a 2 bed apartment. This was great for our 2 girls who had their own space, and obviously great for us too.

For a family travelling I'd highly recommend it and its the sort of place I'd be happy to stay in if travelling on business. I cannot fault this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonfromesssex
MANAGER G, Directeur général at Adagio Bordeaux Gambetta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are really pleased to read that our services and equipement met your expectations and fullfilled your needs during your stay in Bordeaux.
Thank you for you very nice feedback and hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Best regards.