Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Memosine
from US$50.80
from US$114.30
from US$38.10
from US$68.10
More Info
All reviews electric cars great fun day trip wine tasting stares freedom pressac tripping bumpy gps vehicle route margaux attractions touring saint company
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Nice trip in an open e-car, seeing all the mein attractions. As cars are small it is easy to stop an look.

Date of experience: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Hi
Flew to Bordeaux from Tel Aviv. Arrived at night, stayed at an airport hotel, picked up our hire car the next morning. Due to leave Bordeaux for the north, but decided to see a bit of Bordeaux before our journey.
Looked on the Internet and Memosine caught out attention. I was not too happy to partake. Against my better judgement went with my wife. Well, folks, I was gobsmacked. What an amazing way to see a city.
First of all, we saw the electric cars parked outside on the street. There are two types. One that looks like a Smart Car for the city tour and what I can only describe as a “beach buggy” to visit the wineries on the outskirts of Bordeaux. Both are “open-plan”- no doors and for two only.
Met the owners. A lovely, friendly couple. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that the lady had been a volunteer on a Kibbutz.
Of course when she heard that I was from Israel, I promised to write review in Hebrew. Here is my English one. The Hebrew one will be a translation.
Did all the admin stuff quickly and got a quick explanation. You know: Push the gear forward to go forward, back to go backwords, break, gas and indicators. That’s it. And we’re on our way. Easy, peasy. How do we get the touring information? Apple iPad mounted in front of the passenger on the dashboard that you can’t take home. :-( Easy to operate. Speed up to 45k mh
You drive on the streets or in bicycle lanes if there are. Also, can be used in pedestrian malls. Stop at traffic lights. No need to look up at changing traffic lights as there are separate lights at eye level. Really easy driving. Of course have to cross tram lines. No problem if you’re careful. iPad tells you where to stop with pictures and audio visual segments explaining certain sights. The city tour is an hour and a half. The tour to the wineries is longer. Possible to buy wine and there is a cold box on the roof of the buggy for safekeeping on the return journey. Of course, don’t expect a detailed, in depth tour. It gives you a short explanation in each place of interest and talking on the way. If you’re looking for more serious insight then, by all means, make your way to the places that tickled your fancy.
Folks, all-in-all, we had a grand time and certainly well worth an introductory tour of parts of the city.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank 288brianm
Reviewed August 29, 2018

A great way to see the main sights of the city - worth doing! The staff explained the car well and the tablet directions and information was very good.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Thanks memosine, excellent fun. 4 of us hired 2 electric cars for the 1.5 hour tour. They are a perfect way to get your bearings of the city of Bordeaux rather than spending ages walking or getting trams. We did this on our first main day in the city and after the tour you are more familiar with where everything is. You have an iPad in the car that directs you where to go and where to stop at multiple landmarks (which you can get out if you want). There are also tour guides on the I pad that give audio and visual guides of the landmarks when you reach them. What’s also good is you can access pedestrian areas too as the car fits through the bollards. We recommend stopping at the cathedral and going in. In fact it was one of the highlights of the whole trip. If you are a wine fanatic the cite du vin wine museum is close to the pick up / drop off location so what we did was a morning drive in the cars then onto the wine museum (the wine museum is not as good as memosine cars however). We could go on but I would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Bordeaux!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

We hired a little electric car to tour Bordeaux for an hour. The car run well and the tour was good except for the road closures which the map didn’t recognise. The owners are lovely and very friendly.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic way to see the city. The women who checked me in was wonderful- carefully explaining how the tablet tour guide/gps and the vehicle worked. The weather was chilly and raining off and on, so having the little car kept me warm and dry. I could easily stop and park the car just about anywhere to get out and see things. When I returned the car the women again was very helpful explaining and giving tips on other activities I was planing to do. I highly recommend this if you are a couple, because the vehicle only seats two.

Date of experience: March 2018