“Enjoyable...but not as great as I expected!”

Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay
Ranked #432 of 2,737 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Price range: US$29 - US$90
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Respectful of the quality and freshness of local and regional products, the new menu of Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay proposes specialties of the South West of France with a British touch. Among the favorites on the Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay's menu: the Beef Wellington serving two, three or four people and the famous Fish & Chips will be on offer. As for the desserts list, Arthur Fèvre revamped some traditional recipes: Spring "Gariguettes" (a flavorsome type of strawberry), lemon tart, chocolate Fondant... The wine menu offers a large range including a fine selection of Bordeaux wines. The restaurant interior design, supervised by Jacques Garcia recalls the splendid Belle - Epoque style. He worked with a palette of colors inspired by the deep green glass of wine bottles, the golden hue of sweet white wines and the velvety color of Bordeaux red wines. Such a harmonious design acts as a tribute to Bordeaux wines and the symbolic hotel venue. The marriage between the elegant style of the design and Gordon Ramsay's passion for South West French produce gives a new breath to the brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay which has become the perfect Bordeaux's spot for French and British specialties. In summer, the terrace on the Place de la Comédie is an ideal meeting place to enjoy the warm sunny days in the heart of the city. Take the opportunity to have a cocktail, tea or coffee, or to have lunch on the terrace in this pleasant setting.
Reviewed July 16, 2018

We dined on the outside terrace, which is actually quiet casual; service was friendly and good and the food was good...but not exceptional.

We ordered oysters to start; OK but not fabulous. We had the beef wellington-a sharing dish for two as our main, very well presented and overall we enjoyed the dish....but lacking the wow factor you expect from a Michelin chef/restaurant.

I wonder how many times; if ever!) Gordon Ramsay has chef'd here???

Olivier M, Food and Beverage Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Nicki,

To begin with, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feelings with us after dining in the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I sincerely regret that your experience did not meet your expectations and I will share your comment with our Executive Chef.

The Brasserie is not the Michelin starred restaurant of the hotel though (The Pressoir d'Argent is) and the cuisine we serve puts the emphasis on the simplicity of the product.

Nonetheless, I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you another time in a near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

The Intercontinental hotel has a Sunday brunch on one of the Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant. A lot of fresh sea food, cheeses, breads, best chicken ever and delicious deserts. It also come with a glass of champagne and a glass of wine. Expensive, but very good.

Olivier M, Food and Beverage Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear Luiz,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment after your Brunch in the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I am thrilled to read that you had such a nice moment with us and I will not fail to pass on your compliments to all the members of the team.

It will be a pleasure to see you again very soon, for a future lunch or dinner.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We had the lobster bisque to start. It was not good or maybe I am just too Americanized and don’t know what lobster bisque should taste like. I would not have it again. It was not creamy and had a harsh taste to it.

We all had the fish and chips which is supposedly a signature dish. Again nothing to write home about.

The server was not attentive and surly. We had to keep asking her for stuff.

Have no idea why people rave about this man’s food.

2  Thank rkaemp
Olivier M, Food and Beverage Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Sir,

To begin with, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feelings after your meal at the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I sincerely regret that you were not completely satisfied with the service and food of the restaurant.

I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with the Executive Chef and the Manager. We are very concerned about our guests' satisfaction and it would be very important for us that you don't remain with that mixed feelings.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on your next potential visit, I will watch over your wellness.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

This is truly awful, do not go expecting anything good. I think it is time that Gordon Ramsay did a Hell’s Kitchen here. From the start it was bad if you want a cocktail or a chsmpagne, you can choose moet and Chandon or Moët and Chandon. My husbands beef was ok. The Gordon Ramsay fish and chips that I ate was awful, the chips were good and that’s where it ends. The fish tasted like frozen fish and the batter was soggy, the waiter told me that the only way to make it taste good was to cover it in vinegar! It came with tartare sauce which had a thick skin over the top which clearly meant it had been put in the dish hours before.
My husband ordered onion rings, truly the worst thing I have ever eaten, the batter was so thick the onion ring was uncooked.
Really there are so many options in Bordeaux don’t waste your time going here and Gordon Ramsay hold your head in shame

Olivier M, Food and Beverage Manager at Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Madam,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feelings about your dinner at the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I sincerely regret that your evening turned into such a bad moment with us. The Executive Chef and the Manager are joining me to give you our most sincere apologies.

What you experienced is clearly not the quality of service and food that we want to provide to our guests and we will make sure those problems do not happen again, by bringing corrective measures.

The fish and chips is one of the signature dishes of the menu and is generally very famous among our clients.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly for any future potential booking, I will be very happy to meet you and I will make sure that you don't remain with that negative feeling about us, giving you the best of our abilities.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

We visited this brasserie being a guest at the Grand Intercontinental hotel and recognising the Gordon Ramsay chef name.

Suffice to say we do not believe that the menu does justice to either the Intercontinental or Gordon Ramsay, and that is even acknowledging that the Hotel has a two star restaurant on the premises.

Where a menu for a restaurant in a 5 star hotel has a signature dish of fish and chips , and mains of caesar salad and a hamburger, I thought I was in England or having “pub “ food in Australia?

The service was good and obliging.

The wine list was average and at an increased price for the same wine by the glass than in the hotel bar, which we enjoyed before the restaurant.

We had the Salmon for a starter and followed by the cod and caesar salad, and they were as expected, well presented .

Overall, having visited a few Bordeaux bistros, both for lunch and dinner, within walking distance of the Hotel, I would recommend looking at comparative reviews and other menus before deciding your dining exoerience.

Dear Ron,

To begin with, I hope you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feelings after your dinner at the Brasserie Le Bordeaux Gordon Ramsay.

I am reading your review with regret that you have not completely enjoyed your experience with us. The Manager of the restaurant is of course joining me to give you all our apologies.

I would like to assure you that your feedback has been shared with the Executive Chef of the Brasserie.

It is nonetheless a real will on behalf of Gordon Ramsay to suggest on our menu the typical dishes of our beautiful region (like the foie gras or the duck breast) and the taditional ones of the British cuisine (like the Beef Wellington).

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on your next visit, I will be very happy to meet you and I will watch over your wellness.