We stayed at this hotel for three days on the way to Sarlet. It was advertised to us as a four star hotel. It was far from that designation. Maybe I might give it two stars. It is located in a commercial and business center. Walking distances is necessary to get to many of the places of interest to vacationers. It is a hotel that caters to business travelers. The room we were given had no "decor". It was sparely furnished with a finished plywood-like desk and headboard. The bath was clean and tiled. It had no outlet for any appliance except for an accommodation for a shaver in the hair dryer box. The hair dryer couldn't be adjusted and blew so forcefully and hot that it was unusable. There was no full length mirror. I would say, from the items the bath lacked, the room was designed for a male business traveler who would spend very little time in this drab room. There is a restaurant and bar. The restaurant is open for service all day and evening. They serve a nice petit dejeuner buffet style. There is an assortment of very good breads and pastries, cereals, yogurt, sliced meats, cheeses, fruits and juices. They also have bacon, sausages and something that resembles scrambled eggs. The coffee is very good. There is no chef on duty to prepare eggs to order. Dining in the restaurant for lunch or dinner is ok if you are too tired to go out to find a place to enjoy a meal. Their menu is severely limited. We ate in the dining room the evening of our arrival and were very disappointed in the quality of the food. It all appeared to have been prepared ahead and microwaved before service. The food was luke warm and looked as tired as we were. We would not recommend the restaurant.
If you are a traveler who enjoys a bit of convenience and luxury look for other hotels in Bordeaux.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the city center, the Mercure Bordeaux Centre hotel is just 10 minutes away from the Meriadeck business district and the historic center. Chosen as "European Best Destination 2015" and "Best City 2016," discover the fascinating Cité du Vin museum and exhibition center and other famous attractions. The hotel has 10 modular meeting rooms and the "K'fé Lounge" restaurant, which offers a modern, seasonal menu. Paid public car park and access for guests with reduced mobility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Bordeaux Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bordeaux Centre Hotel Bordeaux
- Accor Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck