Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
Hotels.comUS$94
travelup.comUS$104
Vio.comUS$84
1,114 results
All reviews nice hotel minute walk free wifi stayed for nights city tram
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Here's the e-mail and complaint :

Dear Sophie Stabile,

First of all I’m sorry for reaching directly to you, I have tried to ask before where I could make an official complaint but unfortunately the contact they gave me is not in (working) and apparently there is no other.

I will try to be short and factual based to avoid taking to much of your time.

I’ve checked in on the hotel yesterday (29th) and the first time I’ve used the toilet I’ve realised it was dirty. I’ve decided to ignore and clean it myself (flushed and continued).
After taking a quick shower (same night) when I was picking up the towel I’ve realised it was not clean, it had a big brown spot (not a permanent one), I’ve placed that towel on the floor and used the other one.
Before leaving for dinner I’ve went to the reception where I explained exactly what happened. They proposed to change the room which I declined has there was no need as long as in the following morning they would clean and change the towels (specially the one in the floor!!).
Today (30th) I’ve just arrived to the room to discover that the exact same towel was carefully folded and placed in the bathroom, with the same brown spot. I went down to the reception with the towel and again they offered me to change the room which this time I’ve accepted.
The reception offered NO help on changing the room.
When I said I wanted to do a formal complain they gave first a blank paper, then a card with a number which I called and they told me that the person who I was trying to call was not working.

Could you please help me making sure that this doesn’t happen again to other guests or to me in next visits?

Also when the a guest complains the hotel should have a process where it would analyse and if needed solve and track if everything was solved which clearly it is not the case here.

Once again thank for your attention,

Best Regards

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Bordeaux Château Chartrons. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a pleasant enough stay at the Mercure. It's close to a team station and about a 20 minute walk from
The centre of Bordeaux. The room was an excellent size with a very comfortable bed and although the interior is quite bland and dated, the Mercure offered a good quality no thrills stay.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Dear Sir,
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks.
Looking forward to welcome you next time.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights during Euro 2016. Check in staff friendly and helpful. Small room, small bathroom, dark corridors, long walk to lift. Breakfast buffet was very basic; coffee from a push button machine, no fresh orange juice. Seems to be mainly a coach tour or corporate hotel. Did not dine here or use the bar.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Bordeaux Château Chartrons. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here in June after Wales V Slovakia in the euros.
Central hotel, large and comfy beds and nice decor.
Typical 4 star.

Reception speaks good English.

Parking is available at a cost of €14. Well worth it as saves finding a space in busy Bordeaux.

Paid £291 for two king size rooms on a room only basis. Add to that the €4 per room tax paid on checkout.

The hotel is popular & had a VIP event for Welsh fans where they had a large to & bar plus meal in a separate room.

One of the Welsh team players parents stayed here too so say no more.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sir,
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks.
Looking forward to welcome you next time.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 19, 2016

I recently stayed in the Mercure Chateau Chartrons on a business trip. The hotel itself is a little dated on sits right on the edge of the interesting parts of Bordeaux. From the hotel it is around a 10 min walk to the Quai near the river in one direction and another 10 min walk to the city center in the other direction. By no means is the location terrible, although there is not much surrounding it in the immediate area.

The staff was very friendly and there is a modest, but decent restaurant on site. I found the rooms to be a little dated. I was in a privilege room room which has a couch and two large chairs. The color scheme was brown and dark yellow/orange which gave the room a rather dark and old feeling. The wifi was very weak and dropped many times throughout my stay. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Overall I was not disappointed in my stay, but I was not impressed either.

• Trip type: Travelled on business