This is the second time we have stayed here. The best thing about this hotel is the location as it is very near to the cathedral and old town. No matter which IBIS hotel you stay in all over the world the rooms are pretty standard. - they are functional, quite small but clean (could do with more than 1 not very large towel each though). We didn't eat any of our meals here preferring to eat in the town itself. There is however a fantastic bakery/cake shop a few steps away across the road. for excellent croissants etc. should you want a light breakfast. Our main criticism this time was that our air conditioning did not work in our room. Even in a not very warm May the room was very hot. We reported it and they did try and fix it but failed - we were told to leave the window open. It only opens a few centimetres as a safety measure and it didn't make an awful lot of difference, plus with the window open there was a lot of traffic noise, even though we were on the 9th floor. When we mentioned it again to the receptionist that the problem hadn't been fixed we didn't even get a sorry! There is also a lot of building work in the area but this wasn't a problem. A plus for this hotel is that it has parking, although you do have to pay. Look out for any special IBIS deals, we saved another €50 on the usual room rate. We do however think that next time we visit Bordeaux we shall probably try another hotel. If however you tend to spend most of your time out of the hotel then this is an OK place to stay mainly because of the location and its reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck hotel is located in the business centre of Bordeaux, 5 min on foot from monuments and the old districts with their 18th century atmosphere. 203 soundproofed and air-conditioned rooms are available for booking. The hotel has a brasserie, a bar open 24/24 for snacks and 7 meeting rooms for seminars and conferences (300 persons). Guests on a business trip have Wifi Internet access. Private pay covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck Hotel Bordeaux
- Accor Bordeaux Centre Meriadeck