“Great setting ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by the person who were renting from situated next to the impressive Intercontinental hotel and opposite the Opera house great position for people watching - we sat outside. The restaurant seemed very popular and was busy my daughter had the beef Wellington and I had the beef chuck slowly cooked with mash and spring vegetables all delicious could not fit any dessert in but a great menu with lots of choice and good service

Reviewed September 23, 2018

We had just arrived in the evening and we famished. It was a toss-up between this and Gordon Ramsey. The staff at Comptoir were more welcoming than next door, so we stayed. (Great choice) The staff (Benjamin) was absolutely delightful! friendly, funny, full of advice & ideas. The food and wine was wonderful! My wife had the Beef Wellington and I had the Steak Tartar- both to die for. It was truly one of the highlight meals of our stay and we will absolutely visit again

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

We were outside this restaurant at 1900hrs the young waiter immediately met us with a statement we open at 1930 - so I replied it’s ok no problem we will wait, then my mother being on a wheelchair - I requested that since the establishment was empty we could sit in the meantime - and he was actually refusing us to sit down as well. I couldn’t bloody believe it - I ended up arguing with the guy, so you intend to leave my mother siting here on a wheelchair while the Chairs are empty, eventually he succumbed to my request. Obviously this experience marred the rest of the experience at This establishment. At 1930 another waiter took our order he was ever so Efficient - he remembered all our orders drinks and all by heart and was spot on, we had two amazing beef Wellington’s a tuna steak and a beef carpaccio - and obviously bordeaux wines. The food was exquisite - had the first server not been so arrogant we would have rated an outright excellent.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Great location. Good welcome by initial staff. Seated in a good spot out of the way for solo lady guest. Have looked at this place a few times and thought I must try it. I was disappointed with the menu once seated. Too many Asian influences for most courses (Love them but would choose to go to an Asian restaurant for preference not French).
Entree and main were unremarkable. Fine but forgettable. Cafe Gourmand ‘nice’ but nothing special. Asked 3 times for a serviette/napkin. Irritating... as shell on prawns part of previous course! Finally arrived during dessert!
At 60 Euros? Nope won’t hurry back. Overvalued ... but nice staff and great location.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on several occasions whilst in Bordeaux and the staff were always extremely friendly and the food very good.
Good selection of dishes and a good wine list.