Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-08-04
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 21-08-05
Trip.com
US$57
Free cancellation until 21-08-05
Hotels.comUS$61
TravelocityUS$61
eDreamsUS$61
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

This is an old building, letting down a great brand and lovely people.

As always check-in was great, and the beautifully friendly receptionist very helpful. My first room was close to reception, and not ideally suited to my needs, so asked to be moved.

I asked for a quieter room upstairs as I needed to get a long nights sleep. I was flying late the next day and would not get any further good sleep for at least another 40 hours.

To be brutal, the place is old. The corridors smell, fixtures are broken, carpets are worn - but the worst was the aircon/heating unit in my room. As there was enough “natural” ventilation I turned it off for the night - BUT it continued to moan creek and groan the whole night.

The hotel has installed black out curtains in the room, which is great, and minimised all non essentially lighting - also great. But when you have a 10 000watt light flooding the car park - it will squeeze around the gaps in any curtain.

Some cushions would have been nice to sit on the bed and watch a bit of TV - but only two pillows doesn’t help. The long stray dark haired lady’s follicle in the bathroom didn’t go unnoticed, but was too tired to care. The bed in the second room was far better than the first. The hotel seemed fairly empty on the night I stayed, so it was quiet in that sense.

So the hotel is very close to the tram stop and at least four restaurants within a 7 min walk. To get downtown is also easy and quick, about 15min on Tram C. The hotel Complex is also in a fairly quiet area. There is a lake close by for walking, and in the other direction (east) there is a really beautiful park - but not easy to find and a fair walk. The entrance is behind the NEW stadium.

SUMMARY. The hotel is clean, but old, and offers fair value. But for me I would be happier paying €35 for no sleep, rather than €50 for a night. Especially with my after tax personal income.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 19, 2019

Our stay included breakfast, toiletries and free parking. The room was relatively clean and was comfortable. it's not that far from Bordeaux centre. It can be easily accessed by the tram or if you drive in, but parking will be a problem.

Date of stay: August 2019
Lauriane V, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Budget Bordeaux Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback, indeed according to 99% of our customers, the location is ideal for discovering Bordeaux.

See you soon for other walks in the region

Stéphanie L, Responsable Ibis Budget Bordeaux Lac
09 62 10 69 45

Reviewed November 16, 2019

I will never stay here again!
The heating and air-conditioning system is making a lot of noise so I turned off the fan. The room started to get a little bit cool as it was a November night. Sometime later I went to the washroom and noticed huge pieces of dust on the floor underneath the air-conditioning to my surprise I looked up and the filter was absolutely covered in dust and dirt to the point where It was falling off.
At breakfast I also noticed that the heating and air-conditioning systems in the restaurant breakfast area we’re also filthy full of dust.
This hotel does not care about their facility!
The washroom like to not always work I would turn it on and it would not the on.
If I left it alone the light would mysteriously come on 10 minutes later. I reported this to the desk person, and nothing was done.

Date of stay: November 2019
Lauriane V, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Budget Bordeaux Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Hello, We take notice of your message and we can understand your disappointment. The air conditioning part is maintained by a provider and you should not notice any dirt or the slightest malfunction, we alert the field team to perform a precise control of all these facilities, please accept our apologies, Sincerely,

Reviewed August 8, 2019

I have stay for 1 nigh gentlaman on very welcome but didn't have a very nice stay room was full of bugs we have no air conditioned was very hot we did a 12h trip we just want to rest but was impossible i have complain to reception a gentleman and lady if didn't say hello they just ignore me this is not want a good professional should do i work myself in reception and i don't defenitly don't trear my Guest like this they just didn't care what i said service on reception not professional in the morning of 8/08/2019 room 152 gentlaman last nignt 7/08/19 was more professional for the rate i have paid and half of the service was very high rate 77,75€ to high for the service very disappointed I work on same and they at least could do something but they just decided to ignore.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lauriane V, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Budget Bordeaux Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hello,
We have taken note of your message and we ask you to accept our sincerest apologies.
We will be sure to know the reasons for what you are talking about.
Best regards
Lauriane
Community Manager

Reviewed July 26, 2019

We visit this budget hotel several times as a temporary stop from the Netherlands to our vacation adres in Spain. Always satisfied, a good hotel and not to expensive... but the last 2 times we noticed that this hotel getting worse. The rooms we had defect airco's full with dust and the bad smell from the drains in the bathroom was terrible. Also molt in the bathroom. On our trip to Spain we complained and the hotel decided to give us a new room that was okay. Our trip back home the room had a nice temperature. It was late and we took a shower, the drain was almost clogged. Later that night the airco stopped also, we woke up and it was to hot to get to sleep again so we left at 4 am.

We have visit a lot of hotels and this hotel has been neglected. We think that the management must do more at this points: (1) A clean working airco, (2) removing the mold in the bathrooms ,(3) the bathroom drains smells a lot.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lauriane V, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Budget Bordeaux Le Lac, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2019

Hello,
We apologize for the points you have raised. We have noted all your remarks and we will not fail to take them into account.
Hoping to regain your confidence on a future trip.
Best regards