“Great fun place with paella and seafood”
Review of Le Palmarium

Le Palmarium
Ranked #205 of 383 Restaurants in Biarritz
Reviewed June 7, 2018

We went there specifically to eat from the large paella dish. It was as good as it looks! Our children ate mussels and pizza, and they were good too. The staff were really friendly and this is a great place for reasonable and tasty food with a family.

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

We decided to have mussels and fries which was good choice. The mussels were fresh and fries were good. The price was a bit on high side for such meal.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

My Lady friend had a special desire for the Friday evening, to enjoy paella. We were welcomed, but after that, the service failed totally and was very arrogant. Paella was a total fiasko, spoiled with overcooking and salt. The side dish, green salad, was swimming in the oil and balsamico. There are excellent restaurants in Biarritz, I can not recommend this at all!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Le Palmiryum is always open which is why we chose this place after all the other restaurants had ceased serving lunch. Almost instantly we regretted our decision; after taking a seat "anywhere" as directed on entry, and then being redirected to a single table in a nearly empty restaurant by a rude young waiter. Service continued in this vein with inattentive staff eventually taking our order simply saying "tell me"!

The ambience was not helped by the feral pigeons flying around inside the restaurant feasting off tables on uncleared platters as well as scraps on the floor.

My mussels were cooked down to a grey tasteless morass with an absence of flavour even in the "sauce". My partners salad was just fine....but then you have to try very hard indeed to spoil such a dish. Our wine was uncorked and plonked on the table without a word being exchanged, by a third waiter whilst he chatted loudly to a colleague across the restaurant and totally ignored his clients.

A pythonesque experience in a restaurant to be avoided. Our only really poor experience during several days in Biarritz.

1  Thank riccia2016
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Le Palmarium situated in the busy narrow Rue du Port Vieux is a popular eating place for tourists , the seating area is fine if not a little cramped and the overall first impression of the restaurant is fair . We were visiting for an evening meal , and found the menu , reasonably varied , my partner chose the Salade Mixte , whilst i decided on the Tagliatelle Bolognaise . How a meal is presented on a plate in my opinion is as important as the contents and taste of the meal . With the meal served in front of me i can only say it looked revolting , a more apt description in the menu should have read , Mince in a Tomato Sauce with Tagliatelle , also no Parmaision Cheese was offered .
The worst meal i have been served in a long time . To be fair my partners Salad was O/K and i have visited this restaurant before and found the Pizzas fair . I would suggest improving the Bolognaise recipe .