1,384 results
All reviews oysters sea water sliding door ocean view st malo local town spa experience spa facilities accor hotels direct access to the beach relaxing trip swimming caps breakfast buffet is bar and restaurant catching the ferry fabulous views no air con
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions both times have been mediocre. Staff are rude and unhelpful except for the chambermaids who were lovely. Breakfast was like feeding time at the zoo, reception rude, bar understaffed and swimming pool needs clear signs of how to enter and exit. No point going into too much detail as nothing will change and the standard response given. Will never stay here again. Marie-Claire needs to reorganise her staff along with individual specific training and perhaps a few customer service courses wouldn't go a miss. Too much dog poo on the grass area making it a mine field especially with an 18 month old. Must say the cocktails were great and live music on Sunday was fab.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard L
h1114-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Thalassa Dinard, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

regards

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Novotel over bank holiday. The rooms were spacious and had a mini kitchenette in each. Plenty to do within the hotel, spa, indoor pool and gym, games room, shop. Great choice for breakfast. Staff very helpful. Hired a funky electric car to pop down to Dinan for the day.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
h1114-gm, Directeur général at Novotel Thalassa Dinard, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

thank you so much for your kind comments

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We started to book our month long visit to France 8 months earlier. While booking our reservation, inadvertently clicked on the prepaid for May 2018. This was an error and I immediately contacted support. They said I needed to call hotel directly, which I did. It was 1:30 in the morning in France, and no answer. So I sent an email stating the issue. I stated that I made the reservation in error and this email is 7 minutes later than I made the reservations. 24 hours later, no response. I called the hotel and the young woman said I needed to speak to manager, who wasn't in. So I sent another email, again explaining the issue. I called central reservations and they said I had to call hotel immediately. Finally more than 48 hours after my error, I received a response. Too bad, so sad. The reservation cannot be canceled or modified? Seriously? They don't allow for an error that one caught immediately. We are now out $1000 or more. Very very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thetraveler4819

Sorry for the inconvenient you had with your booking with internet

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I spotted this hotel on a flight out of Dinard and vowed to stay there. It became one of my favourites - delightfully situated and a bit quirky. So it was an obvious choice for a recent visit. But by and large it was a disappointment. It has been "upgraded" and looks very chique. The views are still superb, but that is one of the few good things I wish to say about it.

We had a seaview room - they are compact. The fittings are plasticy and uncomfortable. The walls bare apart from a TV. The washing/showering is tight and the shower head mounted about eye level.. It was a triumph of style over substance par excellence. The bar, which enjoys panoramic coastal views now has a dartboard. It was a haven of calm and relaxation - last night it was cacophonous. And it isn't cheap and down market.

Well done Novotel - you have spoiled a charming hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

thank you for your comments, and sorry for the noise you had suffered during your stay.
Our room are the same for a long time, may be you had one you where not used to stay

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed the night before our morning St Malo ferry home.
The views from room, bar and restaurant were phenomenal! There were facilities galore, treatments and a games rooms ,kitted out in honour of the magnificent Wales team who stayed during Euro 2016.
Our sea view room was too small for three, even though it was the biggest available. Not recommended for a couple and small child. Bathroom wise the toiletries were good and the shower was probably the best I have ever come across
Dinner promised much but delivered average, however the breakfast was incredible, oysters to a full English (French style admittedly) accompanied by a soothing live set from a Thai 'xylophone?'
Staff were helpful and friendly.
I'd love to try the treatments next time and may use as my stop off for future Brittany trips
Thanks for looking us and the Wales team

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

thank you for your kind comments.
we were proud to receive walles during euro 2016