All reviews friendly hotel railway station recommend this hotel rooms are modern yogurt town centre hotel bread clean tidy short walk reception staff main building parking space easy walk perfect location bed was comfortable crepes old town
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Very enjoyable stay. Good location (especially if you're arriving or leaving via ferry), comfortable room, quiet street, friendly and helpful hosts, tasty breakfast. Would be happy to stay here again sometime.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Citotel Hotels
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

L'Hotel de la Gare is perfectly located for visiting towns on the Brittany coast. One has simply to step off the TGV and walk across the street. A warm welcome is given, with a hot or cold drink! The rooms are modern. The beds are very comfortable. The en suite bathrooms well equipped with walk in showers. We chose to have breakfast each morning of our 4 night stay. We really enjoyed the selection of fresh breads, fruit, yoghurt, cereals and fresh coffee. We found the reception staff to be a great help in finding places to visit and restaurants to eat in. We were even given 4 free bus tickets for our first journeys. The bus station is also opposite, with bus links to all the local towns and villages. We recommend this hotel and her staff highly. Book now. You won't be disappointed!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2018

I arrived here mid-afternoon, after a long hot cycle ride from Vannes & was promptly given a glass of cider ! A nice gesture & much appreciated by me.
My room on the ground floor courtyard area was quite cramped & rather basic with a small table & chair in one corner, above which a small TV was positioned. There was space to hang clothes as well. Nevertheless, it was clean & tidy. Some colourful décor would have made the room feel so much more inviting for me. The bed was comfortable, so I slept well. The bathroom was very tiny & felt "cheap", although everything was clean & serviceable.
My bicycle, meanwhile, was safely stored & locked in a cycle rack outside my room (see photo).
Breakfast was of the usual French variety - with croissants, bread & jam, yogurt, fruit juice & coffee on offer. Guests are invited to serve themselves after being seated. I was even offered some cooked hors d'œuvre, which was very tasty. The breakfast room is quite small & gets crowded when guests move around to get breakfast items. However, breakfast can be served at a guests' room where an outside table is available
This hotel is ideally placed for those arriving on foot, as the train station is opposite. There is a small car park available at the rear for guests costing 5€ per night (see photo).
The staff are this hotel greatest asset - in control of everything at all times of the day, never flustered. They always obliged me, answering all my questions with a smile. They made me feel truly welcome here. Therefore, I've awarded this hotel a 4 star rating. I would stay here again & I recommend this hotel to others.

Room tip: Courtyard rooms offer a quieter location & a table outside.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2018

La localización del hotel es correcta junto a la estación de tren. Hay un paseo de 15 minutos caminando hasta el centro histórico de la ciudad.
El personal de la recepción fue muy agradable y sobre todo destacaría el personal que atiende el desayuno, por su agilidad y amabilidad

La habitación era muy pequeña y bastante incómoda. Si vas con una maleta pesada no hay ascensor y tienes que subir a pulso todo el peso. Realmente no es un hotel, sino casas sueltas con habitaciones que dan a un patio común. No se aclaraban muy bien de como funcionaba el aparcamiento y no nos ayudaron con esto; tuvimos que pagar todo por nuestra parte.
Sin duda lo peor es el baño. No hay que ver más que el diseño de la ducha. En el momento que alguien se ducha el agua sale y corre por toda la estancia. Está muy mal pensado.

ENGLISH: The location of the hotel is correct next to the train station. There is a 15-minute walk to the historic centre of the city.
The reception staff was very pleasant and above all I would highlight the staff who attend the breakfast, for their agility and kindness.

The room was very small and quite uncomfortable. If you go with a heavy suitcase there is no elevator and you have to gain all the weight. It's not really a hotel, it's just loose houses with rooms overlooking a common courtyard. They didn't know very well how the parking lot worked and didn't help us with this; we had to pay for everything on our own.
The worst part is definitely the bathroom. Nothing to see but the design of the shower. The moment someone showers the water comes out and runs through the whole room. It's very bad thinking.

Room tip: If you carry heavy suitcase... ask for a room in the ground floor
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Arriving during the heatwave in August after a long drive, without a reservation, I was not only relieved to be given a room, but refreshed and delighted to be given a free glass of cold local cider whilst I was signing in. I was given the last parking space, in a slot normally the owner's, and the next morning had a good breakfast that included a variety of home-made jams, to go with the fresh bread and delicious Brittany butter. The room was spacious and, because it was at the back, quiet, despite the hotel being on the square in front of the railway station.

Room tip: Ask for one at the back
Date of stay: August 2018