“Delicious!”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

A great find in the heart of Rennes with indoor and outdoor seating. A wide ranging menu inclusive of blé noire crêpes for gluten free folk and a good selection of ciders.

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We spent day in Renne with our baby (6 months old) and friends. We came across this place for lunch - what a fine! We had the best gallettes we have eaten yet in Brittany. The owner/waiter was very friendly. His recommendation for local cider was very much appreciated. There was even baby changing facilities. We would definitely recommend this place and return in future!

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Being French, seasoned travellers and fans of crêpes, it was no mean feat to impress us as much as this establishment did. A few original recipes and otherwise excellent renditions of the classics. The cider list deserves a special mention: it's very rare to see such choice, and indeed one can even buy extra bottles to take away! The decor is extremely nice too, and the owner, a bit shy at first, turned out super friendly. Not to be missed, don't hesitate to book!

Reviewed June 17, 2017

We went here the first night we were in Rennes. We had one of the most authentic and tasty meals of our trip. The owner was so hospitable. We (4) all had different savory crepes, I had the duck--yum. My husband had the 3 cheese and loved it. All the savory are served with a green salad. Buckwheat crepes are a choice. Then we shared a sweet crepe. Just perfect. The price was reasonable. I loved the quilt decor in the ancient building as I am a quilter at home. It is right off the square of a very pretty church. As we were there at the end of May, nightfall didn't occur until about ten so we had time to walk around the old town after dinner. Very lively area. I highly recommend La Motte Picquet.

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

During my stay in Rennes, in “la Bretagne” I wanted to try local crêpes and I went to this restaurant, which is just in front of the cathedral on the old town. I ate a “Gallette” and as dessert, a sweet “crêpe”. Both of them was very very good and I was happy to attend this restaurant and to try this typical local food. In addition I tried local cyder (Carpe Diem was the brand of the cyder), and despite it was the most expensive, it was very very good and a perfect choice to drink during the dinner.