“A complete experience”
Review of le jardin gourmand

le jardin gourmand
Ranked #1 of 200 Restaurants in Auxerre
Price range: US$59 - US$147
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Installed either in our confortable and stylish town house or on our minimalist garden terrace, you will enjoy a culinary experience drawing it’s influences from the best seasonal local products but also from our own garden treasures or exclusive products discovered during our travels.A list of 300 wines and 40 whiskies to choose from.
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This was our final evening meal after a weekend tasting Chablis wines and what a memorable occasion it was. 'Occasion' is the right word as it was a convivial atmosphere in a lovely restaurant and wonderful staff waiting on.So much more than just good food. We all chose the degustation menu with the wine flight -the courses were described with flair and humour by the maitre d' and we were even given advice on which order to eat the amuses buches and desserts. This may sound over the top but turned out to be absolutely appropriate information as he suggested eating the milder dishes first and finish with the stronger flavours.
We had a selection of the menu between us so it is difficult to pick any one out but they all surpassed expectation and the global wine choices were also excellent to complement the food.
This was an expensive fine dining evening but worth every penny and the memories will be with us for ever.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank mature-traveller49

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

An Easter dinner that could satisfy even the most demanding customers. A menu inspired by the sea or the forests served in the most professional way by a passionated host. It was a pleasure to spend our evening there and share our stories with you, would be a great chance to come back again one day.
Efharisto poli!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Beautifully appointed dining room with impeccable service. We treated ourselves to the multi course degustation menu and enjoyed every bit of it. The rabbit was particularly delicious. In my experience rabbit is all to often overcooked but here it was prepared perfectly. The foie gras "pops" coated in a raspberry glaze were also quite delicious. The piece de resistance was without doubt the cheese tray which was wheeled out in typical french style at the end of the meal. A Corsican herb dusted goat cheese still haunts my memory as supremely enjoyable. Impeccable wine list with great selection of boutique/grower champagne. I recommend the Dosnon Blanc de Blancs. Very reasonable pricing for both food and wines. Equally impressive is the selection of very old Calvados, some dating back to the early 1900s. Perfect spot for a date or an indulgent lunch. My only complaint is that the dress code was not enforced. We were unfortunate enough to sit across the room from a New Jersey couple who was dressed in athletic wear and tennis shoes. I realize we were in the country and not Paris but at this level people should dress accordingly or eat somewhere more casual. Apart from tis minor inconvenience thought le Jardin Gourmand was a perfect and memorable evening of fine cuisine!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Very fine dining, attentive service (the head waiter is excellent), and decent portion sizes for fine cuisine. Beautiful garden seating when it's nice weather. Pricey but you get what you pay for.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017

The place is easy to be accessed, free parking space. Of course there is a lot of attention on the service, they speak also english, the bathroom is very elegant. The price is that of a high level restaurant, the menù for dinner is around 68 euros, for around 5 dishes. The presentation of the dishes is wonderful, with the usage of "strange" and rare vegetables, local when possible, and also some eatable flowers. The quality is also good with no doubt, but to be honest I didn't think "oh my god ... I've never tasted something like this". Three wines for 21 euros, not too much in france, the sauvignon blanc was very good, the other two nothing special. The last one was a sweet wine similar to the italian moscato, most of the 5 different desserts were all cold, it was impossible in my opinion to find a wine in the whole world that could be good. In general, I really don't think it's a robbery, but I have ated sometimes better with much less money. Maybe it could help to give a menu for 45 euros, with fixed dishes (no choice at all).
Summarizing it up, if you wanna try it, give it a try since many people appreciate it so much ... I am also happy to have tried it, but I wouldn't come back for a second time.

Date of visit: July 2017