See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We arrived to be be met by two lovely dogs who made us feel at home and then the owner appeared who was just charming.

The chateau is just a great place to be, tranquil, beautiful and interesting.

Our room was very large, brightly coloured and the bed was so comfortable.

The bathroom was a good size fairly modern and clean .

Breakfast was served to us on the patio in the morning sun.It was delicious French Croissants with home made jams. coffee and scrambled eggs.

We hope to go there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clive A
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Nine years ago my wife and I traveled to Burgundy and had the good fortune to stay with Mr. Germain at his fabulous home. This time we brought another couple with us to enjoy four days.

We were in Beaune in the second half of April, a time when the Chateau is normally closed. Mr. Germain was willing to open the Chateau early for our private use. We stayed in the same room as before: Chambre Les Cras. Spacious, very high ceilings, a canopied comfortable king sized bed, large bathroom, etc.

The room is not inexpensive at 220 euros per night, but the grounds, views and amenities more than make up for it.

The breakfast room is spacious and the breakfast is perfect: fresh bread and croissants, several kinds of jam, cheese, eggs made to order, freshly squeezed orange juice, delicious coffee, and eggs made to order.

The wifi was a bit problematic and was mentioned to Mr. Germain. By the next day a new wifi extender had been installed and the wifi was perfect.

What a place.

Room Tip: All the rooms at first rate.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mahatma
Reviewed January 12, 2016

It has been a couple years since we stayed there but it was a memorable experience. I loved the charm of the rooms but the bathrooms were modern and clean. It was a great location and I wish I could go back tomorrow!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The photographs of this B&B really do not do it justice. Our room was stunning. It was decorated in reds and golds, with a huge canopy bed and eighteen foot ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. We had one of the best sleeps of our seven weeks in France. The room was very quiet and comfortable.

It overlooked a water filled moat. Three dove cots may be found on the property dating back to the sixteenth century. Allow some time to photograph this beautifully quaint property. You will want to take pictures because everywhere you look you will find a postcard scene.

We enjoyed a very nice breakfast in a lovely dining room overlooking the courtyard. The family was quite busy that morning getting ready for a large group of friends who were going to pick grapes on the property. The aromas coming from the lunch meal being prepared made me want to volunteer to pick grapes with them! our breakfast consisted of croissants, fruit, yogurt, bread and homemade preserves, as well as eggs made to order. We ended up purchasing a bottle of 2005 Chateau de Chorey, by which to remember our visit.

I can't give this B&B a score of excellent for a couple of reasons. We called in advance of arrival and there was no answer. We left a message, arrived at the property and were told by a man to wait until his son-in-law arrived. This was about fifteen minutes later. I think we should have been invited in to the chateau to wait. It was 7:00 and we were very tired. Also, unlike most of our B&B stays in France, the owners seem to regard it as a secondary source of income. There is a very long staircase up to the room. If you are dealing with heavy luggage, it can be onerous. I do not recall any offer of assistance in helping with our large suitcases. The level of hospitality, in terms of friendliness and chattiness, was not present. However all of this was outweighed by the historic beauty of the property and the physical comfort of the room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pokieman2
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This truly is one of France's best kept secret B & B's. We stayed at the chateau for 3 nights and it was incredible. Not only because my fiance proposed to me on the grounds :) , but for many, many other reasons. The chateau is one of the most unique places I have stayed. It's over 300 years old (but very clean), it has a moat around it, it's own grounds (that are beautiful and well kept) with a garden AND they have their own vineyard!! Their wine is at your disposal and it's amazing and affordable. The sweet couple who runs the chateau are EXTREMELY helpful, kind and accommodating. Breakfast was amazing, our rooms were always cleaned and we felt secure. We traveled there with another couple and we were lucky enough to have the chateau to ourselves. Our own private chateau in Burgundy?? SOLD. I can't begin to say how much we loved staying here. Can't complain about one thing. It's a 'Must go!'

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple