All reviews comfortable hotel one night tourist office bernard loiseau morvan national park earplugs euros wine burgundy beams luggage
Reviewed July 4, 2017

We stayed for 2 nights on our way to Italy. The room was a decent size and quiet as it was facing the garden. The hotel is on the main road set back about 20 metres. There is heavy goods traffic along the main road, so I don't know if the front rooms would be noisy.
The restaurant was good with excellent service. There is limited parking off road for about 5 vehicles so best to reserve a place if you are concerned. There is ample public parking very close by.

Room tip: The upper rooms looking onto the garden are quiet.
Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed February 20, 2017

So much class oozed from the corridors, furnishings and the enfolding lounge. One sensed the effort to make the hotel all embracing, luxurious in the the 'classic' mode, so I felt special.
I'd have told more to join me, but the wifi was not quite rubbish!
All the formality in the layout and paintings only added to the real comfort all round.
Really make an effort to stay there, but don't be put off by the unsmiling, serious proprietor. Why the glum, untrusting exterior when you have such a treasure around us?
Maybe the summer sees the smile come out. Much is smile inducing.

Room tip: Look out over the hills, not into town. Stunning countryside.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2016

It is a restaurant the we can highly recommend, if we return to France well will stay in the town. Adjoining the restaurant is a nice hotel.

The food was excellent very well presented and very tasty. Nice sauces to complement the food. Could not fault the place.

Room tip: We can only comment on the restaurant, but the hotel staff were excellent and the hotel looked inviting.
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016

On our way back home from a short break in the south of France, my wife and I spent the night at the Tour d'Auxois in Saulieu, an impressive old building in the very heart of town facing Loiseau's famous hotel/restaurant La Côte d'Or.
We were "welcomed" by the lady at the reception desk in a rather patronizing way - she reminded me of Nurse Ratched in the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest". She told us to hurry and get ready for dinner if we wanted to have any because they were serving a big group of 19 (my goodness) guests that night and if we were too late, we would just have to wait and it would be our own fault. Startled, we took her advice.

The room was a disappointment. We had booked a night for two in the family suite which turned out to be an old two-floor room, anything but soundproof and equipped with worn-out furniture and an airconditioning unit that did not produce anything but a hell of a noise. What we first thought was some welcome candy in our room were actually ear plugs (picture). Okay, I guess Nurse Ratched would have said: "Plug your ears or don't complain about the noise."

So we rushed down to the restaurant to find ourselves in a completely different world all of a sudden, with friendly and helpful staff, a glass of "take-your-time" wine on the terrace and a very good meal. What a relief!

And finally after a few hours of sleep, an OK breakfast and even a smile (whoa!) from Nurse Ratched, I was glad to be on the road again. After all, there's no place like home.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Kris C
Reviewed August 26, 2016

A fab little place in a rather sleepy little town, French country chic, comfy, great little secluded pool and a perfect spot to explore the region and countryside of the national park and lakes. Breakfasts were simple and with delicious local bread. Don't get the problem with having a push top flask to deliver nice morning coffee raised by another reviewer.
Restaurant food was good value and worth a try. As well as a good choice of wine they do a nice cold beer to start off the evening too.
This is a quiet spot and probably not great for small kids but my teenagers got into the spirit and enjoyed a few family days here.
I managed to get bike oil on my shorts and despite not offering laundry service they got it sorted without issue.

Date of stay: August 2016