“Best Burger and Vege Burger”
Review of Bar Des Halles

Bar Des Halles
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed December 29, 2017

A terrific find after being told that we would have to wait for the servers and cook to smoke and eat before we could get a bowl of soup at a different cafe. I am glad we did not stick around that other cafe because this little place was perfect! I took a double glance when I saw a vege burger on the menu! Unheard of so far. It was delicious. We were the only tourists in the cafe and the locals were very friendly. The owner and his wife knew limited French but were able to provide us the perfect burgers and warm service.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Found this little restaurant just of the main area, next to the Church. I had the menu Formula, great value, and very tastey. My wife just had the dish of the day, endives wrapped in ham, baked in a cheese sauce. good size portions and all fresh.

The service was prompt and polite, and many locals were also having lunch there.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Within the beautiful town and near the Castle of Azay-Le-Rideau, my family and I found ourselves discovering this place... out of luck! the food was just like eating at home! delicious, not pretentious, cooked with love!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Always a warm welcome. The dish of the day tasty and good value for money. The omelettes a particular favourite as is the carpacccio. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

My wife, seven year old daughter and I ate here after visiting the interior of the Chateau. Having a picky seven year old limits our choices at times so we decided to eat here. We were not disappointed. We sat out under the awning which was critical as it started to rain about midway through our meal. We had a nice view of the church and square across the street which added to our enjoyment.

The menu was simple but tasty. No frois gras here but good burgers, salads and sandwiches. The man who seated us was, I assume, the owner and he was great. He didn't speak a grey deal of English but he was very helpful and really enjoyed playing with my daughter and trying to teach her a few French words.

This was a simple, tasty and inexpensive meal. We enjoyed it and the man who sat us very much. It's not fancy but is good and I recommend it if you are in the market for good, simple food with a nice view and friendly proprietor.