All reviewscar parkhandicapped gueststiny deskunderground citywelcome drinkopen showerq parkhotel is modernflat screen tvpaid parkingfour startall personsuperior roomclose to the hotelmini barcouple of nightscathedral view
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Terrible disappointment !

-Check-in :
Check-in process took 9 long endless minutes ! The only the front desk agent was overwhelmed by walk-in people and phone calls and made us wait not giving us the priority
- Elevator :
Slowest elevator in the world. Used it once and switched to stairs thereafter.
- Room :
Ridiculously small open space concept.
- Bathroom : Long black hair on sink. Soap dispenser in shower. Water from shower head dripping more than flowing. Low quality amenities
- White paint : stained here and there around toilet bowl !
- Carpet stained all around
- Internet : very slow
- TV : small TV set with very limited choice of channels
- Windows : no possibility to obtain some real darkness due to drapes not long enough
- Pillows : extremely uncomfortable pillows just like inflated to their limit by air. Stained extra pillows with no pillowcases. Called for pillowcases but never got them.
- Bed linens : rough and scratchy, everything but comfortable
- Parking : faraway parking lot, with a charge. Need to stroll your luggage for a long time.

Hospitality business is something serious and so-called 4 stars hotels can not be operated by low quality amateurs.
For the price paid - I actually prepaid US$152- I should have chosen anything ELSE !

Needless to say I will NEVER return to this property and will soundly advise colleagues, friends and Trip Advisor readers to do the same.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently situated within easy walking distance of the Cathedral and historic centre. There is a Q Park car park 3 minutes walk away which can be booked on line in advance and cost €30 for 48 hours. The hotel room was spacious, clean and comfortable with reliable WiFi, adequate storage. The breakfast was reasonable although with limited choice. The staff were helpful and friendly. However being a classic Accor Hotel member (loyalty awards) I was offered a welcome drink but only me, not my partner which seemed mean. As this meant a bottle of beer or a can of coke from a fridge in the lobby (the so called bar), I did not take up the offer! Good for a one or two night stop over but don’t expect much in the way of public areas such as lounge, bar, restaurant or gardens. Just a small breakfast area which can get full if there is a coach party having breakfast all at once as was the case on our second morning. We managed to find the last table but other guests had to wait. In conclusion adequate but not wonderful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Véronique C, Manager at Mercure Chartres Centre Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear martinsaunders,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Chartres Centre Cathédrale. I am sorry that your experience did not meet all of your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Unfortunately, the Policy of our hotel with the Accor Hotel Member Card just allow one drink for the owner of it.

Concerning the breakfast, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence like this.

Véronique Chaillou, Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Avoid - A éviter !
To start, I am a big fan of Accorhotels and am I silver status member. I always try to stay Mercure when I can. Chartres is one of my favorite cities in France and I was thrilled to give this hotel a try. The location can't be beat. The breakfast was good and that's where the good points end. My second day there my brand new kindle fire was stolen from my room. I had placed it in my backpack in the closet area and it was gone when I returned that afternoon. The manager seemed supportive and checked who had accessed my room: two members of staff. They were not questioned (although I heard the manager firmly ask the front desk who cleaned the room in a panic). The manager assured me she would be in contact with me. The morning I checked out she wasn't there. I emailed her and she said she would get back to me shortly. A little less than a week later she informed me I needed to file a police report. I imagine she had hoped I was long gone. No sort of compensation was offered: no points, no breakfast.

The room itself was filthy. It needed dusted and the day my kindle was stolen I complained about a mysterious brown smear on the table. The manager herself came up to clean it and fill the soap that needed refilled since my arrival. The coffee cups I used were never cleaned, just wiped. The tile in the entry way was cracked with a chunk missing, and there was a symphony of past guests' pubic hair decorating the bathroom. Housekeeping clearly doesn't do their job.

Next time I will stay at the Ibis. Not only is it clean but they run an honest business.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2018

The hotel is clean, modern and all staff are friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is fine with a standard choice of cold food and limited hot option.
There is no opportunity for lunch or evening meals but there are plenty of good options close to the hotel.
WifI is free and reasonably fast but was not working the morning I checked out.

Room size is OK for a short stay but desk too small for work if on a business trip.
Ceiling in shower room was quite low and could be a problem for a tall person I was in 203, other rooms may be different.
Safe in room is OK but small so not big enough to lock away a laptop for example.
My room was quiet.
There is computer in the reception area attached to a printer.

Room Tip: See comment about shower in room 203
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Véronique C, Manager at Mercure Chartres Centre Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Dear thedon55,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Chartres Centre Cathédrale.

For your next stay in our hotel, I suggest you choose a Superior or one of our Privilege room: the room and the Equipment are bigger.

Véronique Chaillou, Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2018

We spent one night at the Mercure Chartres Centre Cathedral on 1 September 2017. We booked the non-refundable rate for the room and breakfast on their website, there's a small discount for "members."

When we arrived they offered us a gorgeous room overlooking the front of the hotel but I declined it since it was a little noisy, even with the double paned windows. They then offered us a much quieter, and more worn looking, room on the first floor which was perfect for our jet lagged sleeping. I appreciated them giving us the pretty room with a view but we needed sleep more than views on our one night! We paid to park at the garage nearby, a couple of minutes walk away.

The hotel is very well located to walk around Chartres. It took us just a few minutes to get to the Cathedral and then to Les Feullantines where we had dinner. The Chartres Cathedral is wonderful and the lights show is not to be missed. They had some brochures at the hotel but no "lumiere trail" ones--there are several buildings that have lumiere and apparently there's a map to connect them. We didn't go to the Tourist Information but they probably have the maps there.

Breakfast the morning we left was extensive and included both hot and cold items. They also had macarons for a nice treat! We would stay at this hotel on a subsequent trip to Chartres.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nola44
Véronique C, General Manager at Mercure Chartres Centre Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Dear nola44,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Hôtel Mercure Chartres Centre Cathédrale.

Véronique Chaillou, General Manager