Last weekend we stayed at Grand Monarque. It is a traditional, stylish, cute hotel right at the edge of Chartres'old town; 5 minutes walk from the famous Cathedral. Hotel rooms are not too big, yet very comfortable (very good beds). We had two rooms: prestige and standard. The prestige room was larger, had a sofa and a bathtub with jacuzzi. The standard room was smaller (yet not too small!) and in my opinion comfortable enough. We don't regret not booking two prestige rooms.
There might be some accessibility issues: some steep and narrow stairs here and there, tiny elevator). It could be a big problem if you are on wheelchair, it is certainly inconvenient if you travel with heavy suitcases.
Staff was ok, just ok. Neither rude nor arrogant, but at the same time not too quick (check in was pretty slow) and not proactive.
The hotel restaurant Gearges is simply fabulous: classy decor, good service, high-class gastronomique food (gorgeaos soufflé au Grand Marnier) for very reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Monarque Hotel situated in an ancient private historical building just where the pedestrian-only streets commence, is the ideal base for visiting the famous cathedral and the historical town centre of Chartres. Once in the entrance hall we discover a comfortable and elegant ambiance : you are in a gastronomical establishment of great renown. 55 rooms and apartments are at your disposition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Le Grand Monarque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Le Grand Monarque Hotel Chartres
- Best Western Hotel Chartres
- Best Western Chartres
- Chartres Best Western