All reviewsno lifttrain stationcar parkstaff were helpfulart deco stylelarge bedroom was cleancroissantson arrivalcomfortable hotelwould stay here againone night staythe ground floorwithin walking distancesouth of francereceptionshower
Reviewed July 3, 2018

As anyone who reads my reviews knows, the three main things for me are the bed, the shower and the breakfast. In this case, we decided not to go for the expensive breakfast, and opted for coffee and a croissant in the bar next door, which was very pleasant and much cheaper. The bed was fine, although the pillows were a little skimpy. I daresay we could have asked for extra ones, but it wasn't enough of an issue to bother. The shower was lovely, and the toiletries were too. The first night we only had two very small towels, but the second night they seemed to have got the point and left us two lovely big bath sheets. So all in all, bed and bath were fine.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and didn't hold it against me when I made a stupid mistake with the room numbers. They all speak English as well as French, so if that's a problem for you, you don't need to worry.

The major downsides were:

- our room was very airless - there is no air conditioning, no fans, nothing to help when the weather is hot. The rooms have been redecorated in a faux Empire, shabby chic style, but they should really have concentrated more on the comfort of the guests. I would not advise booking here in the summer.

- our room looked out over the car park at the back. At all hours, very late and very early, people were discarding and moving rubbish very loudly under the window. This included that dreadful racket made by throwing glass recycling into a bin. Seems they were not aware they were doing this ight under someone's bedroom window. Also loud conversations and cigarette smoking all the time.

As many people have commented, there is no lift. I have a mobility issue and walk with a stick, so when the hotel emailed me ahead of time and asked what I needed, I said I would like a room as close as possible to the lift or the reception, on the ground floor if possible. Their email suggested they would email me with the response to my requests, but that didn't happen, so we arrived to find a really long steep staircase up to the bedrooms. I am sort of okay with stairs if I take it slowly, but it would have been nice to be forewarned.

The hotel is also not as close to the Cathedral as much of the posts suggest. Happily there are several places to stop and rest along the way.

Anyway, all in all, a nice hotel (but not good in summer) but they could do some stuff a lot better.

Room Tip: Possibly avoid the rooms at the back, although the ones at the front overlooking a busy intersection may be just as noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2018

I selected this hotel based on the availability of the family room, the location (could walk to the cathedral) and the price. We spent 11 nights total in France and this was the best night sleep we got. The whole family was pleased with the accommodation. We had a two room suite - a queen (or double?) in one room, 2 twins in another. We had skylights which we could close, making it incredibly dark. Not sure exactly where the room was in relation to the others, but it was SO quiet. The beds were firm, but still softer than anything else we had the rest of the trip. Very good breakfast. Only thing that others should be aware of is that this room didn't have a traditional shower. It had a huge tube with a hand-held. So as not drench the bathroom, we had to sit in the tub. We parked in a public lot across the street.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2018

We had a wonderful experience at Hotel des Poemes de Chartres, from first to last, and highly recommend it. Eat at their restaurant--it's top notch, as are the breakfast, staff, and rooms. Call the hotel directly to make the reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for the queen-sized bed, if that works for you. Rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
Reviewed May 24, 2018

great stay very happy with everything locartion perfect right outside train station.
very verry happy
staff friendly and speak english. the room clean and bed comfortable.
i would stay here again recommended

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Received a very warm welcome from the reception staff and whilst we were a bit early to check in rooms were found for us. I was on a motorcycle holiday with a friend and we found the hotel good for visiting Chartres and the outstanding cathedral. My room was on the third floor and whilst reasonably sized some areas of the room had a low ceiling which for a tall person like me was tricky at times!

Breakfast was adequate but served in quite a small room. The adjacent sister hotel looked rather more elegant and we would recommend a stay there if we returned to Chartres. Great value for money though and super helpful staff

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends