All reviews converted monastery chartres cathedral old town rooms are basic simple accommodation buffet breakfast place to stay free parking fresh towels pedestrian area perfect location narrow streets twin room gain access sat nav plenty of parking on foot
Reviewed June 18, 2018

This former convent, now hotel, was just a few steps away from the Chartres Cathedral. This made for a very easy walk to the nightly light show at the cathedral and nearby museum. The twin room was very small but clean and
comfortable. The bathroom was modern and attractive but tiny. The shower had nowhere to put the soap.
The view from our 2nd story room was quite lovely with a view of charming buildings and homes. If you look down, you can also see the outdoor labyrinth. The lady at the desk was very helpful and loaned us a hairdryer as well as an adapter for my ipad. The office does close for the night which wasn't a problem for us. The breakfast was a disappointment. The workers were slow at replacing food items that had run out and it wasn't that busy. I also could not find a coffee cup and when I inquired, was directed to go into a second dining room to get my own. I would stay here again but would go elsewhere for breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

I spent a week at Hôtellerie Saint-Yves. I was very pleased with my room, with the service, and with the location. It is situated a five-minute walk away from the Chartres Cathedral and all of the restaurants and stores nearby. The room was quite spare: twin bed, nightstand, desk with chair, and small closet. I requested and received an extra pillow. However, you need to bring your own box of tissues.
The bathroom was modern but with an extremely small shower. (If I dropped my soap I had to turn the water off to be able to open the shower doors to have enough room to bend over and pick it up.) My room and bathroom, and the entire facility was immaculately clean. Rooms are cleaned and supplied with fresh towels every other day.
There is an elevator to all floors. Wi-fi was often slow but was adequate. Breakfast is offered daily but you must sign up in advance. I chose to eat in town so I don't know anything about the breakfast service. The reception staff were always pleasant and helpful with directions and suggestions of what to see in Chartres.
I would defiantly choose to stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Excellent if very plain and simple accommodation. Good solid breakfast. It is about 300 feet from the Cathedral ... the best Gothic one that exists. But not easy to negotiate the very narrow streets around it but worth the effort. Good value for the price.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2018

We recently stayed at the Hotel and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very clean with basic facilities which we were very happy with. Located within the pedestrianised area of Chartres, it is only a couple of minutes walk from the cathedral and shopping area with several good restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2018

Its a basic hotel but quite comfortable and very clean. The location is amazing - practically next to the wonderful cathedral in Chartres. But if you travel by car beware - read travelerduo’s review below. We only found the hotel thanks to an extremely kind local who went out of his way to guide us through the medieval back streets. Don’t even think of using satnav - it’s useless!

Stayed: March 2018