All reviews small lift croissants comfortable beds french hotel staff were helpful first floor would stay here again one night stay train station city centre chartres cathedral noise pluses parking bath
Reviewed August 22, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here last night. Booked this hotel due to our previous experience of Logis de France (all good). When I booked I requested to use their car park and the reservation came back with 7 Euros, subject to availability. When we arrived the car park was full. We parked in the cathedral car park across the road and paid 12.50 euros.

Went to our room which was pleasant enough but baking hot and no air con. The lift to the second floor was so tiny, had to send the luggage up with my partner, squashed in next to it and climb the stairs to the second floor.

Went to the bar for a drink. Asked the waiter for a glass of red wine and he went off to fetch it, only he never came back! Asked a waitress for one instead and asked if we could eat dinner in the hotel. She said I think we are full, I will find out. Off she went but again never came back! So we went out to eat instead.

Didn't sleep very well as despite opening the window it was so hot. Totally airless. Shower was fine as was the continental breakfast, but the coffee was as weak as dishwater. Location good as very near the cathedral and old town. Would we stay again? Probably not.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2015

We stopped here travelling from the Dordogne to Calais and it fitted the bill. I agree with other reviewers who commented on the size of the bedroom and especially the shower! Our room was on a corner on the second floor and although small was okay noise wise until the garbage carts went by in the early morning!! The shower room was very cosy, probably the smallest I have been in. There is a very small lift, had to put the cases in and go up the stairs, which do not have a handrail!

However, the meal in the restaurant was excellent, beautifully cooked with good attentive service. I would suggest sticking to the set price menu as it offers best value for money. Breakfast was adequate but nothing special (typically French!). The plus point was that garaging was available for our car just 50m away for a modest Euro 7 per night.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2015

We booked this hotel based on reviews. The rooms proved to be very small, which cannot be helped but the paintwork was dirty and the wallpaper was peeling. Despite it seems the hotel was renovated 2 years ago. The manager offered to book us another hotel but after a 400 mile drive could not be bothered. Would book a cheap, clean chain hotel in preference next time.

Room Tip: We did not like our choice of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodmal
P-EdouardVinsot, Propriétaire at Hotel du Boeuf Couronne, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

Hello,

I am very sad to read this comment on our establishment,

I am sorry that you didn't like the rooms but we are constently renivating our product to offer the best experience possible to our clientele.

Our building was constructed in 1953 and unfortunatly we can't enlarge our rooms because of the structure. This is the reason why we think having a fair price for the location in the city.

It is true that I suggested you to take antoher hotel for your stay because if Iwould be in your position I leave the place to go to a place I like. As a manager, I wouldn't do better that find a solution for you. You were free to leave.

Best regards,

Pierre-Edouard Vinsot

Reviewed April 17, 2015

Such a nice cozy hotel nearby everything you need in Chartres: best restaurant is on the first floor of this hotel, cathedral is in 5 min and you can see it in your window, la gare - in 5-7 min, library with a great view on the last floor is in 2 min of walking. Our bed was very comfortable, we slept like babies. Staff of the hotel is very nice. Only one thing I can laugh at - shower. It is so small, that the curtain is always sticking to your... eh back.
Anyway it's a good place to stay!

Room Tip: Choose the cathedral side
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2014

The room was small, but nicely appointed. Truly the shower was the smallest I have ever been in, but the room overlooks the small main square, and you have a lovely view of the cathedral. And the food! The food alone is worth the stay. The restaurant gets 5 stars in my book. Great service, and a thoughtful inventive menu. Go there for dinner!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo