We (two couples) stayed 4 nights in the hotel and would agree that the rooms are small as is the shower. But then you have to remember the price. The lift is so small it is a joke, it says that the maximum load is 3 people though I think it would be a challenge to get that number in. The car park is a definite advantage if you have a small car, the car spaces are a bit like the lift. If you have a slightly larger car pay the extra for a larger space.
We found the staff helpful and friendly and the location is hard to beat.
The restaurant is certainly the best we came across in the city, but it is small and you should definitely make a reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Boeuf Couronné" is a traditonal downtown hotel located since 1954 in the heart of the city of Chartres. The hotel is affiliated to the Logis de France's chain and features 17 rooms all decorated differently. "L'Amphitryon", the restaurant is proposing a traditional french Cuisine served also on the summer terrace with a view on the flamboyant Cathedral of Chartres. Family dinners, business meetings and groups are welcomed with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel du Boeuf Couronne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Boeuf Couronne Hotel Chartres
- Du Boeuf Couronne Chartres