Selected from the Michelin Guide we hoped the restaurant would be above average. The interior was light with views across to the distant cathedral but the contemporary decor and table settings appeared rather fomal. Staff, whilst professional, seemed disinterested and the food, although reasonably well presented was unexceptional. Similarly, the wines (a Cote de Rhone and a Chablis) did not excite.
We have had similar, slightly underwhelming experiences in other Logis hotel restaurants and suspect there are more more rewarding places to eat in this very attractive city
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Boeuf Couronné" is a traditonal downtown hotel located since 1954 in the heart of the city of Chartres. The hotel is affiliated to the Logis de France's chain and features 17 rooms all decorated differently. "L'Amphitryon", the restaurant is proposing a traditional french Cuisine served also on the summer terrace with a view on the flamboyant Cathedral of Chartres. Family dinners, business meetings and groups are welcomed with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel du Boeuf Couronne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Boeuf Couronne Hotel Chartres
- Du Boeuf Couronne Chartres