All reviewssmall liftcroissantscomfortable bedsfrench hotelstaff were helpfulfirst floorwould stay here againone night staytrain stationcity centrechartres cathedralnoiseplusesparkingbath
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Only stayed two night in there: great location within 5min walk from the train station (uphill) and 5/10min to city centre (uphill).

Very friendly staff both at check-in and check-out.

Room was cleaned upon arrival but also cleaned on the next day with fresh towels and new toiletries provided.

Bed is comfy but no A/C no coffee and tea. Room is tiny.

I had a lovely stay but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
P-EdouardVinsot, La réception at Hotel du Boeuf Couronne, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Good morning,

We thant you for this comment, and we hope to see you soon again!

See you very fast!
Anaïs

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

OK, first and foremost, if you have the chance to stay in Chartres, do it! A great place to wander around.
With regards to the hotel, our only experience was in the restaurant which, until the cheese desert arrived for one of us, it was quite good.
For a starter, I had marinated trout which was tasty and the scallops my wife had met with approval. My lamb chops and my wife's quail main courses also went down well especially with a decent but surprisingly light Pinot Noir.
Then the let down. I had Brie, the portion being extremely small but even for 5 Euro I expected more while my wife's milky coffee struggled size wise to compete with a French espresso. OK, not major issues but a bit of a let down at the tail end of a meal. Otherwise we may have ranked it higher.
Would we do again? Possibly but there are many other choices in front of that!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

We have known this hotel for a long time but sadly not eaten there for some time. A friend invited us there and we were so pleased to accept. It was a lovely experience. The restaurant is formal with lovely table settings and a great menu. We had a set menu which gave the three of us plenty of scope for choice, and although we were guests, I felt that it was excellent value. Well cooked food and a great choice of wines too. Super service, but not over the top so we felt very comfortable.
All of our friends who have stayed at the hotel have found it a very convenient place to stay with all that they need for an enjoyable stay in Chartres. The hotel looks over an open area and has a fabulous view of the west front of the cathedral, even more memorable in the flood lights, and of course the son et lumière in the summer.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
P-EdouardVinsot, La Réception at Hotel du Boeuf Couronne, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Good morning,

Many thanks for this warm comment!! The staff hope to see you soon!

The Reception

Reviewed April 7, 2017

Arrived late Sunday afternoon, found the hotel easily enough, but tracking down the parking was much more tricky. After a couple of laps of the town we just dumped the car in the city car park and checked into the hotel. The staff were helpful and gave good directions to their garage, which was close, a bit tight space wise, but very useful.
The room was small and the bathroom very compact, but it was clean, quiet and very reasonably priced.
We ate in the restaurant, which was excellent, very tasty and again very good value.
Now I know the location of the car park, I would use this place again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2016

A beautiful hotel in the hart of Chartres. Very close to the old town and the cathedral. The restaurant is very clean and sober, the service correct but 'cold', the food delicious, a bit gastronomic, but small portions. You have to make a reservation.

Room Tip: Very well located
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family