The hotel is well situated just across from the cathedral and close to many restaurants. The parking is nearby and easy to access. All staff were very welcoming and helpful and the room was clean with comfortable beds. All in all it was pretty much as I had expected and hoped for, save the bathroom. They really need to up their game here with only a bath mounted shower and no shower curtain. Result: you either stand up and make a mess or wallow round in the bat trying to take a proper shower.
I guess the acid question is would I go back? The answer is yes but I would be a bit more specific about the room I wanted.
The continental breakfast was fine with plenty of choice and very good coffee - always a must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Boeuf Couronné" is a traditonal downtown hotel located since 1954 in the heart of the city of Chartres. The hotel is affiliated to the Logis de France's chain and features 17 rooms all decorated differently. "L'Amphitryon", the restaurant is proposing a traditional french Cuisine served also on the summer terrace with a view on the flamboyant Cathedral of Chartres. Family dinners, business meetings and groups are welcomed with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel du Boeuf Couronne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Boeuf Couronne Hotel Chartres
- Du Boeuf Couronne Chartres