Pluses: Fabulous view of town square & Cathedral. Short walk into the historical thick of things. Good parking (you have to pre book) and dog friendly.
Minuses: Reception staff on check in unfriendly to the point of being rude. Ignored for 5 mins, then was curtly snapped at with a harsh 'one minute' and ignored again. This after racing to hotel as was told in an earlier call that Late check was impossible after 10pm as no one on site after that time! (We got stuck in awful traffic and staff had no solutions for what to do if we couldn't make it by 10). Rooms small & stuffy despite window open. Mattress soft & baggy. Shower tiny and in an awkward position across from the loo and curtain inadequate so loo seat got soaked. Found a bottle of 1/2 used mouthwash left on the floor. Walls thin so heard television and music from other rooms well into the night - bring ear plugs.
All things considered, the price of £60 for two people, a dog & parking was good, but the staff really let the place down. If we do return to Chartres, we may look at booking somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Le Boeuf Couronné" is a traditonal downtown hotel located since 1954 in the heart of the city of Chartres. The hotel is affiliated to the Logis de France's chain and features 17 rooms all decorated differently. "L'Amphitryon", the restaurant is proposing a traditional french Cuisine served also on the summer terrace with a view on the flamboyant Cathedral of Chartres. Family dinners, business meetings and groups are welcomed with pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel du Boeuf Couronne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Boeuf Couronne Hotel Chartres
- Du Boeuf Couronne Chartres