US$155
  • Room Service
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$75
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Ibis Chartres Centre Cathedrale(Chartres)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$110
US$100
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel des Poemes de Chartres(Chartres)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
US$57
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall liftcroissantscentre of towncomfortable bedsfrench hotelstaff were helpfulfirst floorwould stay here againone night staytrain stationshort walkchartres cathedralnoiseplusesparkingbath
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Pluses: Fabulous view of town square & Cathedral. Short walk into the historical thick of things. Good parking (you have to pre book) and dog friendly.

Minuses: Reception staff on check in unfriendly to the point of being rude. Ignored for 5 mins, then was curtly snapped at with a harsh 'one minute' and ignored again. This after racing to hotel as was told in an earlier call that Late check was impossible after 10pm as no one on site after that time! (We got stuck in awful traffic and staff had no solutions for what to do if we couldn't make it by 10). Rooms small & stuffy despite window open. Mattress soft & baggy. Shower tiny and in an awkward position across from the loo and curtain inadequate so loo seat got soaked. Found a bottle of 1/2 used mouthwash left on the floor. Walls thin so heard television and music from other rooms well into the night - bring ear plugs.

All things considered, the price of £60 for two people, a dog & parking was good, but the staff really let the place down. If we do return to Chartres, we may look at booking somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2017

Our second night in Chartres found us across town and with a view of the cathedral. As the underground car park was closed, we took up the offer of the hotel car park which was just down the street. The hotel is a three star and modern. It was well staffed on our arrival, and we took the small lift up to our room.The room was smallish and on a corner, so we were able to get a cool draught on a hot day.The bathroom was fine. We ate in the hotel that night, sitting on the front under the awning.We took the Menu de Terroir with a trout salad starter. My wife had veal in cream sauce while I had roast quail.We both finished with mille feuille.A bottle of sparkling Saumur accompanied it all well Some noise outside early in the morning, but otherwise a good visit..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1NigelT
Reviewed July 13, 2017

The hotel is well situated just across from the cathedral and close to many restaurants. The parking is nearby and easy to access. All staff were very welcoming and helpful and the room was clean with comfortable beds. All in all it was pretty much as I had expected and hoped for, save the bathroom. They really need to up their game here with only a bath mounted shower and no shower curtain. Result: you either stand up and make a mess or wallow round in the bat trying to take a proper shower.

I guess the acid question is would I go back? The answer is yes but I would be a bit more specific about the room I wanted.

The continental breakfast was fine with plenty of choice and very good coffee - always a must!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
P-EdouardVinsot, La Réception at Hotel du Boeuf Couronne, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Good morning,

We thank you for your observation, see you very soon !!
The Reception

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Only stayed two night in there: great location within 5min walk from the train station (uphill) and 5/10min to city centre (uphill).

Very friendly staff both at check-in and check-out.

Room was cleaned upon arrival but also cleaned on the next day with fresh towels and new toiletries provided.

Bed is comfy but no A/C no coffee and tea. Room is tiny.

I had a lovely stay but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
P-EdouardVinsot, La réception at Hotel du Boeuf Couronne, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Good morning,

We thant you for this comment, and we hope to see you soon again!

See you very fast!
Anaïs

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

OK, first and foremost, if you have the chance to stay in Chartres, do it! A great place to wander around.
With regards to the hotel, our only experience was in the restaurant which, until the cheese desert arrived for one of us, it was quite good.
For a starter, I had marinated trout which was tasty and the scallops my wife had met with approval. My lamb chops and my wife's quail main courses also went down well especially with a decent but surprisingly light Pinot Noir.
Then the let down. I had Brie, the portion being extremely small but even for 5 Euro I expected more while my wife's milky coffee struggled size wise to compete with a French espresso. OK, not major issues but a bit of a let down at the tail end of a meal. Otherwise we may have ranked it higher.
Would we do again? Possibly but there are many other choices in front of that!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple