Hotel with something special
CHECKIN & CHECKOUT: no prob.s. We used cheques vacances for part of our payment - they are a bit painful because you have to put your name on each one ... and they were very helpful with this. Aline even offered to help with bags etc. Very kind and welcoming. Very professional. They let us leave our baby's stroller at reception which was handy. They go the extra mile. Hotel is very nice - well kept, clean and beautiful grounds.
ROOM: not bad - clean etc. They provided a cradle for our baby as requested. Room was the smallest and lowest priced - the only ones available when I booked. It was big enough. Double bed was really two singles put together and a bit soft. Bathroom was not huge but sufficient. Nicely done - modern and clean fittings etc. Room has AC and Tv. Overall room was ok.
MEALS: Dinners here are not cheap - be warned. On the other hand, I found the food delicious. Beware of multi-course meals with small children/babies! The courses take time (understandably) and this makes little ones impatient. Our second night we just went for a starter and a main and it worked out great. Nice wine. Lunch was very nice. Breakfast was ok - usual buffet selection. Nothing to complain about.
SERVICE: Bon Laboureur excels here - very friendly and helpful. At breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any other times we had contact with the staff. Staff offered to help many times.
POOL: The pool was nice - a bit cold and isolated from the main hotel - you have to cross a street and then enter a code to get to the pool. But it's not tiny and on a nice day I'm sure you could have a great hour or two there with kids or just lazing around with a book...
LOCATION: you are in the middle of the village - the castle and train station and other restaurants/shops/hotels are all walkable. The village itself is busy with traffic. Do have a look at the church. We didn't visit the castle - have bad memories of an overpacked Versailles! For peace and quiet, walk the other direction up the hill behind the hotel pas the vines. Very nice and hardly any cars.
OVERALL: I liked it - it worked out expensive (not so much the roombut the breakfast/lunch/dinners were not cheap). Nevertheless, it has something special and I'd stay again. I'd love to visit the village again too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre of Loire Valley Hotels, Charming Hotel Luxe with first class rooms ansd accomodations. Gastronomic restaurant. Hotel du Bon Laboureur is located near the castle of Chenonceau in Centre of Loire Valley Chateaux in Chateau country. Easy to visit the Loire Valley castles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Auberge du Bon Laboureur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Du Bon Laboureur Hotel Chenonceaux
- Auberge Du Bon Laboureur Chenonceaux