US$81
US$217
US$154
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsloire valleymichelin starchenonceau castlewine listtwo nightsamuse boucheseveral buildingslovely hotelmain buildingbeautiful roomswimming poolhotel restaurantfoie grassmall townlong drivestayed one nightlarge bathroom
Reviewed August 31, 2012

André from Luxembourg
First time to the châteaux de la Loire, I searched for a place quite in the middle of everything: I found this wonderful place. A hotel and restaurant with great hospitality, with people who know how to be of help. After a day with plenty of highlights, châteaux and others, I was always looking forward for what I would be suggested for dinner; I always was delighted especially too for the wines proposed at rates you normally do not find in such high level places. The name of the establishment is highly correct if not an understatement. Next time to France, this place will definitely see me again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andre_Weis
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had two nights at this excellent hotel which is a short walk away from Chenonceaux château. Our room was lovely, reasonably sized, looking out on to a little garden where we could sit and the bathroom was perfectly adequate too. Dinner the first night was copious and good quality. We went for a shorter menu the next night which was equally good. The breakfast is absolutely first-class in both quantity and variety. Staff were very friendly though the owner/manager could smile a bit more. It is a little pricey but on balance we thought it was worth it.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

A lovely place to spend a night or two. Exceptional food, wonderful atmosphere, great staff. The bedrooms are quaintly French our bathroom was small, actually to small really for the room rate but in no way did this spoil the occasion. The restaurant serves superb food some of the best I have eaten. I look forward to another visit. Strongly recommended.

1  Thank RichardPurley
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in the room above the old horse barn. It was large and roomy. My husband and I stayed in the main bedroom, my daughter on the pullout bed in the next room. Room was very clean and quiet; plenty of room for the three of us. Note to travellers - no pullout bed is comfortable for adults, so book this room only if you are planning to put kids on the pullout.

The hotel itself is charming, with excellent staff.

We had wine and cheese three different areas of the hotel: the pool, the courtyard, and the garden by the car port. Great experiences, all three places.

The restaurant is to die for. Food was excellent! It was the best meal we had on our trip to Paris and the Loire Valley. The head waiter provides flawless service. They were really concerned we enjoyed our food and our dining experience.

We will stay there again on our next trip to France.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We chose this place because we were looking for somewhere to stop on our way through France for a couple of nights to spoil ourselves before going on for the rest of our holiday in a villa with friends. Difficult to find somewhere with a 12 month old! They found us a lovely room out of the way all set up for the little one and could not have been more helpful - don't think this is a kids place but they are extremely accommodating which was spot on for what we wanted.
The food in the restaurant is right up there as some of the best I've eaten anywhere. Full of Frnch locaks so must be good. Not cheap but worth the money. Wine list extensive and anything from 25 euros up. Cheese board is a marvel. Breakfast also excellent and lots of variety.
Will certainly return and would recommend this fr anyone looking for high end food and good quality accommodation.

1  Thank csssn10