“Beautiful restaurant but okay dinner”
Review of L'Ardoise

L'Ardoise
Reserve with
L'Ardoise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Chinon
Price range: US$20 - US$43
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place, wonderful service. I love how they have you walk up to their wine wall to select your bottle. The presentation of the dishes is really beautiful, but I ordered the duck breast as my plat and it came out thinly cut, not warm and uneven coloring looking like it had sat under a heating lamp for too long. My fiancé ordered the beef and he loved it. I was a little let down on the food, but I would give the place another try.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

You will not find a more high quality cuisine for such a reasonable price anywhere. Service too was wonderfully accommodating and knowledgeable. Quite simply superb!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Our group of four ate on Wednesday 26 October 2016 and the meal was outstanding. Service and food presentation was very good indeed and the flavours and combinations are excellent. Chinon has great choice for some superb restaurants and we ate in four during our stay - this meal was the best and having visited France for many years right up there as a gastronomic experience. The very large choice of local wines compliments the venue which is smart but fairly relaxed and busy, no stuffy nonsense.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

We ate here on Tuesday 25th October 2016. I had an egg and prawn starter which was elaborately presented but only had 1 prawn lacking in taste. I had a tuna and cous cous main, and the tuna was quite rare which I was expecting, but as the piece of fish had been folded a part of it wasn't cooked on the outside at all. I really should have sent it back but wasn't brave enough so only ate a small part of this dish but again overall the dish was lacking in flavour. When the owner returned to take my plate she questioned that I had left a lot of the tuna and I explained why. She said I should have mentioned this earlier, which in hindsight I agree and offered myself and my husband a free drink in compensation. My selection of sorbets for dessert was very nice and this time the flavours were good. I must admit I wouldn't probably come back here again when returning to Chinon as I feel there are other places where I can eat better tasting food.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

What a great place! The decor is very nice, the menu is super interesting and the service was really amazing.
Our waitress is so passionate about the food and the wine that she bring the experience to an other level.
The food was very special too with great presentation and well served too.
Would love to have this place as my local here.

1  Thank Freddie P