“Pasta and pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

The started off ok with a nice ham board. Pizza was fine . But the pasta was dry and stick together with hardly enough sauce to help.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

The ambiance here is straight forward, homey, and not pretentious. Very friendly staff some of which spoke good English. The pasta is fresh, made on site, and delicious. We even met the lady who made the pasta, and she graciously thanked us for complimenting her on her excellent fresh pasta. I believe we had tagliatelle bolognese and pasta with pesto. You can eat in or take out. House wine was pleasant and the choices were white, rosé, and red. We saw many people come in to pick up their pizza and/or pasta. The location is in the town center. All in all a fine experience for a family type restaurant. This is not a place of expensive haute cuisine made by a 5 stars chef. Get there by 6pm to avoid the place being packed later on.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

We were unable to sit outside as it was fully reserved, but were happy enough to go inside. However, I found myself staring at the toilet through the door which opened directly into the restaurant and was rarely closed by customers. My pasta Bolognese was hugely disappointing. I asked for it without cheese as I prefer not to mix meat and cheese and this was served according to my requests. It was all downhill from there.The penne pasta were swimming in about 2cm of water which I had to mop up with a serviette. The sauce was unlike any I had eaten before and seemed to comprise tomatoes with seeds and skins and odd bits of mince floating in it. There was no seasoning and the sauce had not been cooked long enough to reach a decent flavour. I had to lift the huge number of skins out as the meal would have been hard for me to digest and I remarked gently to the waitress that I was not really happy with the quality of the sauce. I spoke quietly and reasonably. Other diners close by were also fishing the skins out of their sauce. My friend's pizza was better, but could have been cooked slightly longer. Our desserts were OK. As we came to leave after paying the bill, the owner asked the waitress if I had complained about the Bolognese and tomato skins. I said I had found it difficult to eat and not very enjoyable and he thrust a tray of tomates concassees under my nose (my friend thought he was about to throw them over me and shouted that I did not know what I was saying and his grandmother had always done things like this and that it was impossible to skin and de seed tomatoes on a large scale. He suggested that I knew nothing about Italian cookery. I am a frequent visitor to Italy and often eat in Italian restaurants and can honestly say I have never experienced such food there. I would not recommend this place and when I returned to our chambre d'hote a little shaken, our host said others had reported similar meals to him.

1  Thank RACLAS
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Very good Italian food. The ham is very good, and one of the best pizzas I've had. Staff are very helpful as well.

1  Thank sanjaychugh
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Very delightful meal, fast service with drinks and food arriving in under 15 minutes of sitting down... Not that anyone was timing. Seated 3 of us in the back of the restaurant, it was very accommodating though. The staff were very friendly and even spoke a little English. A perfect addition to a lovely town.

1  Thank TVT T