“Very friendly, helpful personal - good food”
Review of Le Palatino

Le Palatino
Ranked #438 of 612 Restaurants in Tours
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2016

The waitress was really very mindful. We had a good food - taking into account that we have not been in a star kitchen.
All our wishes have been fulfilled!

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We had tried all the top recommended restaurants in the first two nights of our stay. For our last evening in town, we planned for a light dinner and early retirement for our early departure from Tours. The Le Palatino was a convenient dining option and we like the openness of the place. To make thing short, the light dinner planned was built into a meal we both enjoyed highly. Our order of foie gras as starter and salad, and Osso Bucco with their house wine were all excellent. Believe us, we shall be back again in our next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

We had a stopover in Tours and a main street had a lot of eating places to choose from. We fancied Italian and this looked ok so as we were really hungry we went in. The waitress was ok and we ordered four-cheese tortellini and a carbonara. The latter appeared with the raw egg in a separate bowl and I'd never had it served this way so it was a bit of a shock! As the pasta was hot I quickly tipped it in and mixed it. It was ok but I've had better although my partner's tortellini was much tastier. Their drinks are on the pricey side for what you get. It lacked some atmosphere and while the waitress was ok she was on the 'efficient' side so plates were whisked away and the bill brought without any niceties by way of conversation or comment. One step away from 'fast food' and ok if you can't find anywhere better or are in a hurry.

Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Used to be really good here but was very disappointed with the food.
Pizza was sloppy egg was still clear I ate most of it but didn't enjoy it, should have sent it back but thought if that's how they bring it out what's the point! Still very busy but with the food not sure why. Never had salary dressing so thick and brown. No comparison to a couple of years ago.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

I have had some unpleasant food in my life but boy this takes the biscuit. The bruschetta was on bread that was so dry & brittle it simply disintegrated, it was completely tasteless, the house salad had some gluey brown substance poured over it and the pizzas......seriously they were atrocious, a total flavour free zone, not properly cooked, underseasoned - without any redeeming features whatsoever. I doubt any of the 'chefs' in this 'Italian' restaurant even know where Italy is! The only redeeming feature was the house white wine. In contrast the house rosé was so bad I told the waiter to take it away; battery acid would be more palatable. A complete waste of money and simply an annoying experience.

1  Thank Mark-choosy-chappy