“Exquisite!”
Review of Baud

Baud
Ranked #203 of 406 Restaurants in Besancon
Price range: US$1 - US$113
Description: A family business since 1923 BAUD BESANCON - PATISSIER - CHOCOLATIER - GLACIER - RECEPTIONS - EVENEMENTIEL From the little pastry shop founded by Johannes BAUD to this day, Pierre and Michel BAUD have brought over time new know-how: ice cream, chocolates and catering-reception that Helene and Joel BAUD and their team continue to nurture and develop today. BAUD brings together professional pastry chefs, chocolatiers, ice-cream makers and cooks in the same entity, as many talented tasters who share the same creed: the passion of their profession, the valorization of quality products in respect of traditional manufacturing.
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Great Experience!!! The food is excellent, the place warm and comfortable and the prices according to the good quality of their products.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

If You visit Besançon You cannot miss this place. Great for lunch and amazing cakes and Pâtisserie for tea time. Is a must.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed January 14, 2016

Most of the time I'm having a hard time finding salty snack in France, but at Baud there are lots of choice. I tried Eclair au Crevette (half the size of normal sweet eclair in France but they fill it with shrimp (crevette) and tuna). It taste good, I really like it and I think next time I will try other salty things.
Usually I just buy eclair au vanille (note: I don't normally appreciate eclair au vanille because many times the food industry made it too sweet for my taste). If you appreciate not-too-sweet snack, you can try this one.
I don't like having my coffee bitter and dominate the milk, so I asked for "renversé" which means more milk with little coffee and they gave me a medium pitcher of hot milk. Thumbs up for the lady who serve me. She understood & did not pout when I ask for renversé.
The price is a bit expensive but I think it is acceptable.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Good food, spotty service and quite expensive. However the selection is wide and the food is very good.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed October 11, 2015

We spent a day in Besancon in August 2015 and dropped into Baud for lunch on recommendation of the Michelin Green Guide. We had very good open sandwiches and some drinks; there is a good range savouries, pastries and cakes available.

Date of visit: August 2015