“Very nice atmosphere and food”
Review of Le Petit Atelier

Le Petit Atelier
Ranked #1 of 404 Restaurants in Besancon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Cozy is really a good word to define this place. The "Ardoise" (big chalk) menu is a nice touch but here it is not just a gimmick. Food is original, on the exotic/spicy side which I like. Service was quick and friendly

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant really is petit so I recommend booking. A cozy place with everything clearly made from fresh ingredients.
They have only a few choices but we still had a hard time choosing. All dishes were Asian but very different. My husband had chicken Yakitori style, while I had cod served with a separate bowl of noodles in a mildly spicy soup. Delicious. The deserts were great too. I would certainly be a regular customer if I lived in Besançon.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

This was recommended by the hotel we were staying in ...and what a recommendation!
We had a lovely meal of chicken tandoori with salad topped in a delicious dressing and a lamb curry that was beautifully fresh and clean tasting. For dessert we both had salted caramel creme brulee ..wow! So often brulees are curdled custard but this was as it should be ...smooth and creamy with a crunchy top. Congratulations to the chef...your doing a fantastic job.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

We have been intending to visit for ages but there is no online booking system and they are always full. Eventually we used the phone.

We had a lovely lunch and will definitely return. The service was very good. Nothing to fault in any way.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

You must reserved in advance before eating here, it seems like they're always full.
I ate here twice. First time was with my family, second time with my husband.
Whatever you choose I think you want be disappointed. You can tell that their dish is fresh.

First time I had lamb with squash sauce and rice with safran.
Second time I had beef sauté (with 5 spices & thai basilic) and fried noodles with vegetables.
I think they change their menu along with seasonal vegetables and availability.
It is very convenient that they have an open kitchen, you can see the cook prepare your meal. It assures me that they are confident with their service. *thumbsup*

The restaurant is small, I didn't recommend it if you have a huge backpack or a luggage with you.