“Bad Japanese food”
Review of Koetsu

Koetsu
Reserve with
Koetsu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,639 of 17,772 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$30 - US$68
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opera / Bourse
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered shukiyaki set dinner. They serve Japanese food in a Chinese style. Fake Japanese food. So bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We dined here on our last night in Paris, partly because we wanted a light meal before travelling the next day and partly because our daughter eats fish but not meat so Japanese food is ideal. We had a mixture of some very fresh and tasty sashimi with plain boiled rice and some mixed vegetable and crevette beignet. The crevette beignet were light and crispy and we had a second helping but the vegetable beignet were a little limp. The staff are friendly but rather lacking in English which is a bit of a problem if you are not used to Japanese cuisine.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

In the area for a movie a friend suggested Koetsu for lunch. Although I have been in Paris for many years, I had not known of this wonderful Japanese restaurant. Now it will be my only Japanese restaurant - because it is the best! The decor is comfortable, modern and without cliché. This is a small restaurant so do make reservations least you be disappointed and searching on the street for less desirable dining. The best for last: the food is fresh, carefully prepared and delicious. We had the Menu Sumo which included sushi and sashimi - the fresh tuna was excellent. It also included 4 brochettes including a fish brochette which I felt was just a little overcooked but that could be because I left it for last and I am a slow eater. Planning our return very soon as there is a soup for two prepared at your table that brought smiles to the faces of diners across from us. I'm looking forward to that same experience!

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We came to Rue Sainte Anne as we wanted to have an authentic Japanese dinner but there were lines everywhere. We didn't want to wait and went in here. We had sashimi as a starter and shabu shabu afterwards. The shabu shabu had a lot of noodles. Taste was just ok. The sashimi was slso just ok. I am sure there are better options in the street if you are willing to wait on line.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I've been going to this place for years. It is definitely a cut above the slightly cheaper Japanese eateries that line up rue Saint-Anne. The rice is definitely the fine Japanese rice you eat in Japan, and the sushi and sashimi are very fresh and well cut. The ground floor area is nice, while I wouldn't go upstairs, which is narrow and stifling. Sushi and sashimi menus are reliable staples for better quality fish in rue Saint Anne. One niggle is that you get less variety that one may like, it's mostly salmon and tuna. Service is prompt and professional.

1  Thank ParisCyril