“Make advance reservations”

Le Cafe du Commerce
Ranked #1,258 of 19,745 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: 15th Arr. - Vaugirard
Reviewed June 29, 2016

Great place, visited mostly by locals. The location is about 5 min walk from subway station. Excellent food-try their lamb dish. Exceptional service. Most staff speaks good English.The place was full on weekend evening, advance reservation is a must if you want to get in.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

The food was good. They have French classics from starters to desserts. Perfect to bring foreign people who would like to try French food. The decoration inside the restaurant is really pretty too.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Café du Commerce keeps featuring traditional French dishes, with more contemporary creations. Meat (Limousine) is excellent, and prices are still reasonable. Ambiance is friendly, like the service.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

From the bartender's cheerful welcome to the team of delightful servers, our experience at Cafe du Commerce couldn't have been nicer. We chose to be seated on the top level (of three) where the roof was open thanks to the good weather. We started with small but well-priced (and not appetite-killing) cocktails, then moved on to great appetizers including a salmon samosa, soupe a l'oignon, and leeks. My younger daughter professed not to want a starter, but our engaging and clearly clairvoyant waiter brought her a plate of saucisson sec, which she loved. Mains were steak tartare, steak frites, carpaccio, and a bigger steak for my husband. The frites were about the best we've had anywhere, and the meat was excellent. The wine list offers great values - so we took advantage and had a 16 euro bottle of a solid Cahors. Desserts made everyone happy. We loved this restaurant so much we tried to get in for lunch the following Sunday - but a word to the wise, book ahead!

2  Thank MmeL1979
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

I love this place - I go there whenever I have been in Paris. It's not an obvious tourist choice and I'm convinced it's almost entirely French people eating there. The setting feels unique with two open upper levels set around a central courtyard. The menu is straightforward with many recognisable French classics and it specialises in steaks. Last time I was in, there was an enormous aged Cantal cheese in a glass cabinet, which the head waiter gleefully opened to give my daughters and I a taste of as we asked about it. I would make a beeline for it if I went to Paris again.

Date of visit: May 2016