“A clever place to stay”
Review of Le Fabe Hotel

Le Fabe Hotel
Ranked #148 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Nice, clean, comfy, easy to access and a very, very nice and helpful staff. A hotel is somewhere to change and sleep in between doing the exploring, eating and drinking you really went to Paris for. Le Fabe is a gem and it's location is very useful and clever. Use Le Fabe as your base, use it's 'round the corner' Metro to go to tourist-land once you've utilised the normal Paris life the location of Montparnasse offers. Normal priced bars with good food, great normal shops with some amazing produce. Try Le Quartier du Pain (out of Le Fabe, left and left - 50 meters!), such good cakes and breads.

Le Fabe is great and in a great place, away from the tourist trap BUT within 100 meters of a Metro. It is value for money and the manager on reception is an excellent host and happy to help with your trip. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We felt Alex and his staff went out of their way to make sure our stay of nine nights was spectacular. Loved Pernety Village where Le Fabe is located. Enjoyed taking an early walk each morning to watch the Village wake up and witness the Vendors putting out their wares while picking up fresh pastries for breakfast. Metro Line 13 is very user friendly to most of the major attractions. Great Hotel, Great Location....We received Five Star Service at a much more reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at Le Fabe in early April 2012. The service was excellent. The reception staff went above and beyond to help you with anything you asked them. The room was quite nice, the only negative was that the street noise intruded, but that may have been due to my specific room. Location was good - convenient to metro. Neighborhood was great - pastry, cheese, sandwhich, wine shops and restaurants - what more could you need? I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a quite room - I stayed in one of the bigger rooms and had no issues about the size.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I wrote this in great detail and the internet connection crashed...thanks Trip Advisor for not saving it!!!!!!!

But we loved this hotel so much I felt obliged to return and make some of the same comments.
Great hotel - staff so helpful, location really perfect (not central but convenient), and a good sized room.

The breakfast is a great option by the way - fresh food buffet for €10.

I never knew what a real boutique hotel was...but this is the real deal. The front desk could not do enough for us. The rooms were spotlessly clean.

Let me finish with a couple of examples of what separates this from more expensive chain hotels...
We were asked on arrival if we wanted a coffee, perfect timing, before we knew it a coffe was ours. And if you want coffee at any time...just help yourself. Brings a smile to my face.
We had a water from the mini bar (very reasonable prices) and went to pay for it on leaving. We were told to forget about it, they appreciated our honesty and flet it was immaterial! So friendly!

Thank you Fabe Hotel - a shining star.

2  Thank IrishMaurice
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Me and my Fiancé got engaged in Paris at the start off February. I booked this Hotel base on the reviews on TripAdvisor. I was a bit sceptical at first at just how good all the review were but the Hotel lived up to all the excellent reviews.
Price: The price is really reasonable for Paris and was good value for money.
Location:I am glad that we were not slap bang in the main centre of Paris we got a real sense of Paris.
The Air France shuttle bus drops you off at Montparnasse – Bienvenüe which is five minutes walk from Le Fabe or two Metro stops to Pernety. (Emailed the reception in advance and they were excellent, emailed me a map and details of the shuttle bus. Map provided by Hotel was excellent).
Pernety Metro station is not even two minutes walk away from the hotel and the Metro system in Paris is excellent. We bought 20 tickets which cost 26 Euro and was more than enough for the three days we were there.
Staff: Every member of staff that we dealt with provided the best customer service I have ever experienced. From the moment we arrived the staff were warm, friendly and had a personal touch.
We arrived at 10pm on a Sunday and it was -8 outside, we were sat down and brought hot chocolate straight away and were put at ease straight away. We put our bags in and the receptionist was happy to recommend a local bistro to us that was not too far away.
The next day I asked the receptionist if he could recommend a nice restaurant for dinner.
When we came back in the afternoon he had taken the time to research a number of hotels at various prices and called to check if they had reservations available which we were very impressed at.
We were given a Map when we first arrived at the hotel which also had a Metro map on it. The Metro map was essential for getting about and was easy to navigate as each metro line is numbered and colour coded and the station were you can change are clearly marked.
Room: The room was small and cosy which was fine for us but you had enough storage space,a decent size double bed, a safe and It was spotlessly clean.
The interior was modern and each room has its own name and them.
The Bathroom had a large shower was clean and modern. It also had a hair-dryer attached to the wall.
There was no tea & coffee facility in our room but you are able to get tea or coffee for free at the reception.
Overall I would thoroughly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking to go to Paris and get good value for and also first class customer service.

Mark

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlasgowMark67
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 days for business purposes and i have to say that this is a great hotel. Clean rooms, tasty breakfast and friendly staff. The location was perfect for my business purposes. I would defenitly coming back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been on quite a few short European city trips in the last few years and have stayed in quite a few small boutique hotels. Le Fabe hotel occupies this market and is by far the best I have stayed in.

Firstly, the location is perfectly fine - Pernety and Plaisance are within a few minutes walk with a few nice wine shops, patisseries and bars dotted along the way. A small tip, if travelling to and from Gare du Nord on the Metro with luggage, I would recommend getting on/off at Alésia (which is on the same line as Gare du Nord) and walking 10 minutes straight down the road to the hotel. Changing at Montparnasse Bienvenue station is a little tricky with heavy luggage.

We were very warmly welcomed by extremely friendly staff who spoke excellent English, offered us a complimentary drink on arrival and chatted to us for a little while and offered to help us if we had any questions during our visit. The hotel has a very good free WiFi connection which is great for looking up maps and place to visit - I was offered this and set up with it when checking. Staff were also very helpful prior to the visit in booking restaurants and dealing with a few queries around checking in.

The room was perfect for our requirements. Very clean throughout with good facilities, nice decor and a very comfortable bed. There was no noise from any of the adjacent rooms which suggests that the rooms are well sound proofed.

Everyone at Le Fabe can be very proud of the level of customer service and the standards of their rooms and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Paris.

1  Thank Nick M