“Great food and ambiance ”
Review of La Meduse

La Meduse
Reserve with
La Meduse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 18,720 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Little restaurant tucked in a less touristy area
Waiter took his time to explain each dish to us in detail
We had the duck and the cod fish , wine , cheese tray, we also had some appetizer that was some shelled sardine like fish and tasted amazing
Everything was very tasty

Reviewed December 11, 2017

Friendly staff. Cosy atmosphere. Good quality food. Small menu. Small portions. I had sliced beef and mozzarella, then octopus and fish.

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

We had problems with restaurants in Paris. They were small and had limited seating so it is a must that you book one day in advance. This restaurant was where we went on our last day in Paris. It was by luck that they misunderstood me and we were able to get a table of six last minute. The food was so good and was the highlight of our trip. My parents are hard to impress and after several disappointing attempts at different restaurant it was a relief that we finally all enjoyed the food in Paris.
Would definitely come back if we were to visit Paris again!

4  Thank Hien P
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed with our visit to la meduse. I’m not going to be mean , it was just one of those nights when you look forward to going somewhere so much and it just didn’t quite live up to expectation!
I booked it as it’s no.1 on TA restaurants in Paris. It’s certainly lively ,authentic, traditional and buzzing with people which is great but the food just wasn’t the best on the night. The staff were attentive and genuinely surprised that we found the faux fillet du boeuf tough and sinewy - it was !
They kindly gave us a cognac in apology which was appreciated. Just a one off I’m sure but it’s not no 1 for me I’m afraid

2  Thank Sally C
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I chose this restaurant because of the no 1 tripadvisor rating and we were not disappointed. We loved it! I ate 24 oysters and had a codfish fillet. We paid 100 Euros for 2 persons

2  Thank Simon L