“Our terrace was a bonus to this perfect Parisian retreat.”
Review of Villa Madame

Villa Madame
Ranked #101 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The Villa Madame is on Rue Madame, a quiet little street near the Luxembourg Garden. Our room on the top floor with its own little terrace is so peaceful we never want to leave. The staff couldn't be more helpful, especially Nicholas who seems always there with a smile. With the little treats in the cookie jar at the desk, the fragrance of the ground floor garden and bar, comfy beds, lovely stationery for those of us who still send travel letters, and flowers at the door to each room, they have made this modern retreat, my favorite place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
VillaMadame, Responsable relations clients at Villa Madame, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Carney-photo,

Thank you so much for your kind comment! The whole team (and Nicholas firstly!) really appreciate that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and enjoyed our typical parisian garden. We will be glad to welcome you again soon!

Parisian regards,

There are newer reviews for Villa Madame

Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was my second weekend visit to Villa Madam. Stayed here a couple of years ago just after it had changed owners and had gone thro’ a stylish re vamp. All the initial teething troubles have vanished and we were made to feel very comfortable & welcome even lucky enough to have a room up-grade. Great location for the park and endless retail and eating experiences. Rue Madam is very quiet at night so with such a comfortable bed and silence I slept very well. Will return

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cat82London
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful, elegant little hotel. What stands out for me is how the staff responded in a crisis. My husband was hit by a bus while we were on our 30th anniversary vacation. It would take me pages to describe everything the hotel management and staff did to help me. Everyone was so helpful, but the help provided by the night-manager, Herve Luc Becker, went beyond anything I could have imagined. He was there for me every night when I came back from the hospital with tea and comfort, and made countless phone calls for me. When it became clear that I would need to extend my stay, he visited some appartment hotels on his day off, and found me a suitable place. He took me there and gave me a tour of the neighborhood. He checked on me every day and continued to help until we were able to leave Paris 2 weeks later. Wow! I am so lucky that I met such a wonderful person.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sevencats
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Hotel Villa Madame is an extremely fine experience. Let me count the ways:

1. Very trendy and stylish.
2. The rooms are spacious and well appointed.
3. Reasonably priced.
4. Well located. Close to St. Germain des Pres and Luxembourg Gardens. Metro is close and easy.
5. The staff is extremely cordial, helpful....completely fluent with English and patient with my crappy French. Franck, Herve Luc, Sonia, and Camille get high marks for customer service. Ask for them personally. You won't be disappointed.
6. Quiet at night. Unlike other Paris hotels, Rue Madame is quiet at night and it's easy to get a good night sleep.

We stayed for three weeks at Villa Madame last year and liked it so much that we returned for another three weeks this year. We'd like to go again next year, God willing.

Please contact me personally KNOOSTER@aol.com for more info. I'm happy to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Knooster
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I spent a wonderful week at the Villa Madame, finding the staff very helpful and gracious. My 5th floor room was very clean and light, quiet, and comfortable. The hotel is extremely well located only a few short blocks to the metro, Jardins du Luxemburg, and shopping. The hotel offered free wifi, and much more surprisingly, free international telephone service from my room via voip. Breakfasts were excellent, and the garden area was quiet and comfortable. Just around the corner is Maison du Jardin, a very excellent small restaurant with prix fixe 31 euro dinners. Staff made other great recommendations as well. I would unhesitatingly recommend and will return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aquaticdoc
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We were offered room 02 on arrival, a tiny room off the courtyard, priced at 285 Euros. It was 4 PM and the noise of everyone having a drink in the courtyard was intolerable. The ceiling of the room was very low, so we packed and returned to reception. They were very unhelpful in finding us another hotel.
This hotel was recommended by Frommer. It will be the last time I buy a frommer publication. Avoid rooms 01 and 02!!

• Stayed: June 2010
6  Thank travellingDoc27
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Positives: This hotel had a great location by the Luxembourg gardens and the decoration in the main entrance is stunning; I loved the neighborhood and being able to walk out the door and into tons of interesting streets. It is a 5 minute or so walk to the gardens and you can jog/walk/visit easily. That is why I chose this particular hotel since I love to start out my day with a jog in the gardens.

Negatives: I would not recommend this hotel if you arrive early in the morning and hope to check in. I arrived around 6am after being on an overnight flight from Africa. My room was not ready until 12:30pm (2pm is the normal check in time) so I had to wait in the hotel lobby living room all those hours when all I wanted to do was catch a nap, shower and then get out and explore. This is not the hotel's fault, but it is a reason to stay at a larger chain that has more rooms (this hotel did have some open rooms but not at my fare) so that you can check in should you arrive really early or late.

The thing that really bothered me about this hotel though was that the staff at the front desk. The main lady who was there when I arrived early morning was not very friendly and just said there was nothing she could do about my early arrival. I understand given that I arrived before check in time, however she was not welcoming, did not offer me the bathroom or water or tea or anything to make my wait more comfortable, and I sat there for hours and hours, freezing cold with a scarf wrapped around my head. I eventually confronted her about this reception and we worked it out and made peace and she was pleasant the next two days I was there. Still, for all the money I would hope for something a bit more welcoming upon arrival!

Once I got to my room is was very nice-very tasteful decoration- but teeny tiny and barely enough room for one person and a suitcase. Seems like a lot of money to pay for a less than welcoming reception and a tiny room. The bathroom was small but modern with very nice toiletries and good shower pressure.

Bottom line: If you can spring for a more deluxe room with more space and arrive at mid day when your room is ready then I think it is definitely a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business