“Friendly comfortable well located small Paris hotel”
Review of Villa Madame

Villa Madame
Ranked #96 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Read other reviews first as they are generally accurate.
Strengths as follows:
Superb, helpful, kind staff. Concierge eager to please, resourceful, and accessible. Phenomenally good breakfast served by a tirelessly cheerful hostess. This is a family run establishment at it's best.

The location is in a residential Parisian neighborhood next door to an upscale elementary school, close to Lux gardens. The wife was a little bothered by morning noise from the school kids. This won't be a problem soon on summer holiday. I enjoyed seeing paris's finest dropping the kiddies off in the AM. And up the block is a terrific patisserie and around the corner are two food stores for light provisions and waters. Wine store is 50 yards away. Eat at Bistrot d'Henry, suggested by hotel, best meal ever. See review.
Piddling criticisms to keep review honest:
273 Euros a night ain't cheap, but don't blame Villa Madam, blame your debased dollar. 5 pieces of laundry at the cleaners around the corner, washed not pressed or dry cleaned, was 13 E. Pressed, 51 E. Lunch at a sidewalk Brasserie for four, over 100 E. And breakfast at the hotel is a great experience.
The carpets in the rooms could have been cleaner. The soap and toiletries should have been replaced on day three without us asking. Honestly, that stuff is irrelevant. I'd stay here again anytime.
Oh, I forgot, bed is uber comfortable, shower strong, towels big, tv fine, A/C as cold as you need it.

• Stayed: June 2011
There are newer reviews for Villa Madame

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Just returned from a 5 day stay at Villa Madame with my teenage daughter. The location is great for left bank,close to metro,Luxembourg gardens and many places to eat. While the property is clean and modern,villa Madame fell short of my expectations of a 4 star hotel. Examples: No clocks in the room and when I called on two separate evenings to front desk for a wake up call,they never answered. I requested extra towels one evening and was told this was impossible as housekeeping was gone till the next day. The elevator was extremely small,only two people at a time and was very temperamental.Most hotels sell Museum Passes and have info regarding tours etc,Villa Madame did not. We brought our luggage up and down ourselves via the small elevator,no concierge.We stayed in an executive room,larger then the standard room and faced the street which was noisy in the mornings as a school is next door. Pros...clean,modern and quaint in a good location but more like a 3 star property.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank browneye06
VillaMadame, Responsable relations clients at Villa Madame, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Dear

We really take into consideration all your comments concerning Villa Madame services.
At the moment , we consider ourself as a charming luxurious hotel with prices closer to a 3-star-hotel than a 4-star hotel.
But we cultivate the atmosphere of the "feel at home" spirit, and try to provide to our guests the service they expect.
Your comment will be very useful for us to improve our services, and we appreciate your honesty.

We will be glad to welcome you again at the Villa Madame so that you could enjoy our improvements.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

High quality hotel with superb location in a quiet street. We had an absoulutly delightful stay. Very freiendly and service minded staff. beautiful decorated room with a very good bed.
Breakfast was very nice with a wide selection.
Some noice from next door school, but we were not disturbed by it.
The hotel was so nice that we were tempted to keep it a secret - but we choosed not to

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OsloMikkel
VillaMadame, Responsable relations clients at Villa Madame, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

Dear OsloMikkel,

Thank you so much for you comment. We really appreciate that! The whole Villa Madame's team is glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel.
We will be happy to welcome you again soon!

Parisian Regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2011

This is a lovely, small hotel in a smart location near to the Jardin du Luxembourg. It is centrally located and within walking distance of The Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Musee Rodin, the Seine and other significant Parisian sights. It is also close to wonderful shops and restaurants. The rooms are very well appointed, modern, very clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly, courteous, very helpful and considerate of our limited French! However it is worth noting that the champagne ( if consumed by the bottle is VERY EXPENSIVE!) My husband ordered a bottle thinking that it would be less expensive than buying x4 glasses. ( NB. We were NOT offered a wine list) A fatal error! The bottle was considerably more expensive than 8 glasses! Despite this (we won't be buying the champagne there for pre-dinner drinks!!) we would certainly choose to stay in the Villa Madame on any subsequent visits to Paris. A jewel in a lovely Parisian location.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
VillaMadame, Responsable relations clients at Villa Madame, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Dear DiscerningNEEngland,

The whole team is glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Concerning the champagne issue, I understand your viewpoint. However, the Villa Madame wants to propose to its guests high quality products, such as the Billecart Salmon champagne, which is quite expensive, but known as one of the best french champagne. We hope that you enjoyed this champagne though!
We will be glad to welcome you again soon at the Villa Madame!

Reviewed 21 April 2011

The Villa Madame is on Rue Madame, a quiet little street near the Luxembourg Garden. Our room on the top floor with its own little terrace is so peaceful we never want to leave. The staff couldn't be more helpful, especially Nicholas who seems always there with a smile. With the little treats in the cookie jar at the desk, the fragrance of the ground floor garden and bar, comfy beds, lovely stationery for those of us who still send travel letters, and flowers at the door to each room, they have made this modern retreat, my favorite place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
VillaMadame, Responsable relations clients at Villa Madame, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Carney-photo,

Thank you so much for your kind comment! The whole team (and Nicholas firstly!) really appreciate that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and enjoyed our typical parisian garden. We will be glad to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was my second weekend visit to Villa Madam. Stayed here a couple of years ago just after it had changed owners and had gone thro’ a stylish re vamp. All the initial teething troubles have vanished and we were made to feel very comfortable & welcome even lucky enough to have a room up-grade. Great location for the park and endless retail and eating experiences. Rue Madam is very quiet at night so with such a comfortable bed and silence I slept very well. Will return

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cat82London
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful, elegant little hotel. What stands out for me is how the staff responded in a crisis. My husband was hit by a bus while we were on our 30th anniversary vacation. It would take me pages to describe everything the hotel management and staff did to help me. Everyone was so helpful, but the help provided by the night-manager, Herve Luc Becker, went beyond anything I could have imagined. He was there for me every night when I came back from the hospital with tea and comfort, and made countless phone calls for me. When it became clear that I would need to extend my stay, he visited some appartment hotels on his day off, and found me a suitable place. He took me there and gave me a tour of the neighborhood. He checked on me every day and continued to help until we were able to leave Paris 2 weeks later. Wow! I am so lucky that I met such a wonderful person.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple