“Very good hotel in great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Ranked #177 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very good location near Arc de Triomphe and handy for Champs Elysees. We had a family room for 3 of us, and got a deal through Last Minute. But it was still £300 per night and no breakfast included! However we did get free internet access. The hotel has a major problem with extraction from the restaurant as the ground floor entrance foyer and reception area suffered cooking smells more or less the whole time we were there and it was unpleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
BOISE, ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel deserves it's 5 Star rating. Location can not be beaten, easy access to metro with shopping and restaurants within walking distance.The rooms were very comfortable, clean and a joy to be in.
The best part of the hotel is the people, never have I experienced such attention to detail by everyone on the staff. We extended our stay by 5 days as a result of the enjoyment we received from every level of the organization.
I would never stay anywhere else in Paris; it is absolutely the best !

Room Tip: request even numbered rooms on a high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is one of the few times I have had zero complaints about a room. ZERO COMPLAINTS! The room deserves a 5 star designation. It was clean, modern, and comfortable. They even provided a complementary voltage converter/appliance adapter to… charge our cell phones and use our laptops. You're approximately 3 blocks walk from the Arc de Triomphe and the Ave de Champs Ellys, you cant beat the location. Beware internet access is expensive ($8 per hour)!!!

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pierre p
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week. I was trying to use Marriott points for our trip, and I was worried about what we would find. The Renaissance Arc de Triomphe was a gem. It was a beautiful, modern hotel. The service was impeccable. My girlfriend's luggage was lost enroute, and the staff kept us informed regularly about its status. Our room was very large for Paris and tastefully decorated. But we didn't travel to Paris to stay in a hotel. We were out walking every day, and the hotel is perfectly located just a few meters away from the Arc de Triomphe which is the beginning of the Champs-Elysées Avenue. That means that you are steps away from all the shops, restaurants, and people, and the hotel is off the main drag on Avenue Wagram, which is quiet and quaint--it's a perfect location.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlightSurgeon66
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We had a great stay here. We found the location to be ideal...close to 2 metro stops, shopping, a wide variety of restaurants (even family friendly McDonalds, Quick and Starbucks) and tourist sites. We pulled right up to the front door and the staff unpacked and wisked away our car in no time! The staff at the front desk and concierge were super-helpful, knowledgeable, and patient with our French. If needed, most of the staff speaks English. Our room was clean and bright, but we did not have a bathtub. It would have been great to have been made aware of that fact. I found the bathroom very nice, but not as functional as it could be. There was only a shower and the glass door was only a 1/2 door. You never felt quite warm when showering and the the water would spill out onto the bathroom floor. Traveling with a child...only doubled that mess! We did not have enough towels in the bathroom when we arrived even though they place an extra roll away bed, but it was quickly corrected when called. On the last day we arrived back at 445 pm from all-day site seeing and our room was not cleaned. We heard a knock on the door and before we could answer the cleaning staff was coming into our room. Jeepers...it is a bit late for that! We just took clean towels and skipped the cleaning. (hmm...maybe we are obsessed with towels:)
The breakfast was average, but I really loved the porridge and the fresh mango. Overall, we had a really nice stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank pbycz
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews by others. Perhaps we stayed at different hotels because I was overwhelmingly underwhelmed by my experience at this hotel. I was impressed by the Guest Experience Ambassadors who contacted me to ask my arrival time and room preference. I told them that I would arrive at 7AM after a red eye flight and wanted a quiet room on a high floor. I was surprised when I was checked into a room across from the elevator on Avenue Wagram side. I didn't sleep on the flight so i wanted to sleep for a few hours but the proximity of my room to the elevator meant that everyone coming and leaving the floor basically walked past my room and I easily heard conversations in the hallway. The street noise from Ave Wagram was secondary compared to the noise from within the hotel. I requested to be moved and was told that I'd have to wait until the afternoon. Ok, that's fine. I was contacted around 230PM and told that someone could come up to my room to move me; however, I wasn't ready so said that I would call the reception back in half an hour. When I contacted the reception, I spoke with another person who had no idea what I was talking about when I asked that someone come and get my luggage. She instead said that she would call me back.. well, she never did and after another 30 minutes, I contacted the reception again and got the original person who told me that she was waiting for my call. Obviously, people at the reception don't communicate because why else wouldn't the 2nd person tell the 1st person that I was ready to be moved? I was moved to a room facing the courtyard and then given my welcome gift (at 3PM...really?) The room was much better and I went back out to enjoy the day. Having returned to the hotel around 9pm, I turned on the heat as 1/it was cold and 2/ I was getting over a cold and didn't want to get sicker but after about 30 minutes, I realized that the air was cold. I contacted guest services to make sure that I knew how to operate the system; I did and it was still blowing cold air. A technician was sent to the room who confirmed that it was operating correctly and that it was still blowing cold air. He also told me that other rooms had a heating issue. Really? in February, the heating in the rooms don't work? He suggested that I use a space heater. And that's just what happened! In this 5 star hotel, I had to get a space heater and an extra blanket. Has no one else stayed in a room with no heat? The duty manager offered an apology and asked if i wanted some tea for my cold. No, I wanted heat and to go to bed! I don't understand why this hotel has such glowing reviews. Maybe I was given poor rooms which brings me to another point -- as a platinum guest, I wrongly assumed that upgraded rooms meant larger rooms but no, I had the smallest rooms on the two floors that I stayed. There were no larger rooms to offer a platinum member? It's possible but not plausible. I ended up getting 6 hours sleep and flying out the next morning. I have upcoming reservations to stay in this hotel but think I will cancel. Besides the location, I was not at all impressed.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a walk in shower only, others have a bath/shower combo but what didn't notice wa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank citoyennea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Renaissance Arc de Triomphe is located on the Avenue Wagram close to L'Etoile and its metro/RER stop. The location itself is convenient since it is in the center of the rive droite, but the reasons for staying there only begin with the location. The exterior of the hotel is modern and the interior even more so. The decorative lights extend all through the hotel with elevators that are a different color every time you step into them. The staff is helpful, thoughtful and truly eager to please--so forget your stereotypes of French service.

Our room was large (although I would not have called it a junior suite as they did) and tastefully decorated. It overlooked the Avenue Wagram, but nevertheless, was quite, both in the daytime and at night. The large windows (floor to ceiling) were curtained in such a way that you could see everything when you wanted and close out everything when you did not. Not the largest bathroom--but certainly adequate.

There is a large fitness room. They also provide towels and bottle water in the lobby for runners. I don't remember a pool.

The service for the room was excellent with frequent clean-ups. The turndown service at night featured a variety of interesting sweet tidbits from various locales in France. My husband especially adored the box of chocolates that looked like small pebbles (the box said that this was a specialty of Provence).

The breakfast in the restaurant was only so-so, and I would suggest that you frequent another local restaurant if breakfast is not included and you are expected to pay the full 28 euro price. (There is a Starbuck's and a McDonald's within a short walk as well as other typical French sidewalk cafes.) The dinner we had there was delightful, if a little pricey. The restaurant features a combination of Indonesian and French foods. My husband was very pleased with his plat which included skewers of swordfish, shrimp and chicken on a bed of noodles. Our bill, without wine, was 75 euros and that was for 1 appetizer, 2 main courses and 1 dessert. There are certainly better (and lots that are worse) restaurants in Paris at this price. But, we were certainly not unhappy with this meal which we ate the first night we arrived in France. It reminded us again of why we love France and Paris.

In all, I thought that this hotel as every right to share in the name Arc de Triomphe. It has risen to the top of our favorite hotels in Paris.

Room Tip: The junior suite we had on the fron of the hotel (6th floor)was lovely in every way.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple