I will write a trip report later and add to the Paris forum. But I wanted to start with the hotel.
1. Location is excellent. Minutes for metro, walk to Louvre, minutes from Roissybus, minutes from RER station Auber to Disneyland. Lots of restaurants and shops everywhere.
2. Price - Paris is not cheap, we took the duplex for €295 a night not including breakfast. Worth every penny.
3. Room - duplex split level with small single downstairs and double with bathroom upstairs. Terrace - excellent for relaxing with a drink (bought a bottle of Jim Beam at local monoprix). Very clean. Beds had duvets and were not too hard. Bathroom very clean - not a power shower but fine.
4. Breakfast - we decided at €14 per adult and €7 for our son that it was better to hit the road with a full stomach - breakfast is very good.
5. Wifi - okay for checking emails and websites but no streaming or downloading, so make sure that you download enough movies for the trip.
6. Local restaurants - lots - do try the italian next door - great value and really good food.
We will be back to this hotel again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Gramont is located 10 minutes walking distance from the opera garnier and the famous shops as Printemps and Galeries Lafayette. The hotel was entire renovated in 2009. This small boutique hotel has a bar in the lobby, a breakfast room in the basement and everywhere free wireless access. All rooms are very nice decorated with two different themes of colors and provide, TV satellite, safe, ac, hair dryer and desk.We offer to our guests a warm family atmosphere and a personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Gramont Opera Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.