New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 155 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Montreal, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Delicious! Informative! & very Parisian!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I've been living in Paris for 4 months, and I did almost everything but a cooking course. I stumbled upon 'La Cuisine Paris' while wandering the beautiful streets. The people working there are English and French speaking, very friendly and talented! I took the 'Croissant' course, it was so fun, informative, easy to follow and delicious! I learned how to make croissants and also a little history about the Parisian lifestyle. The instructor is talented!!! I'm looking to surprising my friends & family back home with home-made croissants...pourquoi pas!

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Best. Paris. Decision. Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Absolutely fabulous experience! I attended the French Marche class and got a real education going through the French street market with Julie, our chef de cuisine. The meal we cooked was exquisite, and the group I was with couldn't be beat! Although the courses are a little pricy (at least by Chicago standards), they are well worth it in the techniques and tips you learn. By the end of the class you feel like you are joking around in the kitchen with old friends, savouring an amazing meal with a perfectly paired bottle of wine.

These classes will be best if you have at least a little culinary know-how, and are comfortable getting around a kitchen. If possible, try to take a class with Julie - she has a great way of educating without making you feel like an idiot, and she is incredibly kind and funny!

Miami, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“You will really enjoy this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I always try to go different places and try out different things when I revisit a city. I am lucky to have been to Paris a few times, and even more so to have discovered this gem of a cooking school! Definitely the best thing I did here this time around!

You will learn from real chefs in a relaxed atmosphere, and this will please both a more advanced foodie as well as a novice who can barely chop an onion (virtually everyone in my class). Of the 3 classes I took, the market class was the most, as the chef also gives you tips on buying fresh produce, cheeses (if only we had all that choice at home..), fish and meat. Julie was a superb teacher and it was great fun for all of us.

The chefs and the school staff speak perfect English, so you won't get lost in translation. Book a course here to enjoy a few hours with other fun travelers, learn really useful cooking tips and enjoy the benefits of your hard work - I had a wonderful lunch, dinner and great croissants!

If you are not yet convinced, location s great, a few blocks off St Paul or Palais Royal metro station. However, it's better to have no set plans and get lost at the Marais after you finish the course. Do book a course here and have a great time!

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Successfully replicated my La Cusine Paris meal in small town Pennsylvania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just got home and replicated (as far as small town Pennsylvania would allow compared to Paris markets) the delicious meal we prepared in Paris on the French Market Tour and Cooking Class of La Cuisine Paris. It worked beautifully! Delicious herb mix on fish (halibut instead of fresh sardines in Paris), roasted sliced zucchini and fresh fennel salad. Another night this week, I'm going to do the fruit supreme and sables for dessert! The class was a highlight of the week. Chef Camille made the market tour fun and educational. The sights and smells of a Paris food market rank with the Eiffel Tower and Louvre as great experiences of Paris. I was very impressed with the organization and overall fun of the entire experience. What a perfect thing to do on my first day of our Paris vacation.

Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Moveable Feast for the Senses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

One of the more enriching experiences I have had abroad. It was just as I expected. In the Marche class, we selected fresh products from the Saturday morning market, and off we went to the school to prep, cook, and finally sit and feast on our production. Camille showed us some great knife skills for fish, vegetables, and simple methods to bring out flavors of dishes. I also took the croissant class with Jenni, which was simply fun, I'm still working on achieving that perfect flakiness of the croissant! The staff at La Cuisine is very attentive and there to make sure you enjoy your experience. Basically, a wonderful way to spend a morning or afternoon, while immersing yourself in the local Parisian culture.

Visited February 2012