“An excellent start to our 3 days in Paris”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #76 of 525 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
North Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An excellent start to our 3 days in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We met Elena for a half day tour round Montmartre. She started by making sure we understood our camera controls properly and then moved onto composition. We made our way up to Sacré-Cœur with Elena pointing out possible shots and critiquing our images. We really enjoyed it and got so much out of it. We kept recalling what she had taught us over our next couple of days in Paris. I cannot recommend Better Paris Photos and Elena highly enough.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Carol H

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A New Paris, seen through the camera viewfinder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Let me say that I have been in Paris now 7 times. But the first several times it was mainly the well-known tourist sites. This time my girlfriend would like a photo tour. So we booked a half day. So the excitement was great when we at a sunny morning, met Elena at St-Paul Metro station. She was super nice and talkative, and spoke a perfect english. She showed us around in a Paris that had previously been hidden from us, and appointed fun angles. Elena was super enthusiastic, and her enthusiasm was very contagious. So when we parted we both was a little annoyed that we had no more power on our cameras and we not had bought a full day. It will not be the last time we go on tour with Better Paris Photo. The major recommendations from here, both for first-time visitors as well as experienced Paris traveler.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Palshoej
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paris in winter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

On a cold clear winters day we travelled to the Montmatre area for a Better Paris Photo's tour. Elena was our guide & she was wonderful & very patient. She helped me navigate my Nikon D7000 camera & within half an hour I was shooting on the manual mode.
We had an amazing time wandering around learning about the area as well as taking some fantastic photo's. I particularly liked it when Elena would give us 5 minutes to wander around taking photo's then review what we had done.
In winter walking around taking photo's it is essential to have good shoes, a hat & warm coat as well as fingerless gloves, My hands were freezing holding onto the camera all morning.
Thank you Elena & Sophie for a wonderful experience in Paris I have some amazing photo's to treasure of your tour.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Sue B
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Learnt how to improve my photography from Elena, an expert professional photographer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

A full day in Paris exploring the Marais and Montmartre districts with Elena, an expert professional photographer who has now added a new lease of life to my own photography which was starting to get somewhat stale.

I learnt a host of new techniques with which to improve my powers of observation, how to create interesting shots with my Leica m2 film camera and the importance of telling a story in images. I even learnt some French History behind some of the places we visited!

Although the cost of the photography tour was probably not the cheapest available, for a full days one on one photographic instruction with Elena, and for the many new ideas and new found enthusiasm for my photography I have now gained, I consider it money well spent.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank ChristianPoulton
Chillicothe, Ohio
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Hermione is an outstanding instructor with an artist's eye.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

Our experience with Hermione was the best of all worlds. She helped us understand the principles of photography, how to use our camera and how to compose an interesting photograph all in areas of the city that guarantee good shots each time. Her patience with me and my husband helped us both get the most out of our instruction (my husband was a beginner and I benefitted from more intermediate instruction. I learned more out of one day with her than I have in the 10 years of taking photographs.