“Never again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #870 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Sydney
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Apart from a bad experience in San Fran a few years ago, this is by far the worst property I have ever stayed at. Sure, I didn't expect 5 star luxury when I got there, but I also didn't expect what I found. Tiny tiny tiny rooms, nothing warm or inviting about them. A toilet that is right behind the door that it is a hassle to get in and out, a shower door that gets stuck, water that takes a long time to warm up, the skirting around the bed literally stapled down that when I tried to tuck in the sheets I pricked my finger with the staple and very bad sound proofing. You can hear everything happening elsewhere in the hotel - bad sound proofing and everything echoes. Only 1 tv channel in English, from memory. I may be wrong with that one though. The worst thing of all was the very rude man down on reception. We dreaded having to deal with him and when we left and returned during the day we hoped that he was not on shift at the time. The breakfast was short of pathetic. A very very very small space with 2 tables shoved to the side of the reception desk with some horrible tasting yoghurt, cheap fruit salad all watery out of the can and a roll or two. My husband said he didn't want coffee and then the guy poured it anyway. My husband left it as he doesn't drink coffee and then the guy complained that it was not drunk and therefore wasteful. We actually checked out ahead of time and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burpy42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed here overnight before flying out of Paris. Chose it for its proximity to the Gare du Lyon. A lttle past the prime tourist location, but the quietness of a more residential area and the closeness of the metro make up for that. Very modern, functional bathroom. Everything very clean and tidy. The service at the front desk was all it needed to be. And the price at high season was about $100CAD in 2010. I thought this was a great deal and I have recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank carmarg
Colombier
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

Very good service, hotel is very well placed, situation quite and not noisy, rooms very well decorated. Perfect for week-end. We will come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spyderpit
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

If all you need is somewhere to sleep, then the Pink Hotel (shame about the name!) is fine. It's not luxurious, but it doesn't set out to be. My room was clean and well maintained (thought the making good after the toilet pan was installed, where you can't see from the door, could have been better). Individual air-con/heating was nice. The water took a while to run hot in the shower, but not impossibly so. The television wa fine and the wi-fi adequate (OK for e-mail/TS - probably not the best for more demanding purposes). The breakfast was plentiful (cereal, fruit juice, roll, croissant/pain au chocolat, butter, jam, tea/coffee, fruit salad, yoghurt). The person at the reception was helpful and friendly. It's no centrally located, but I ddn't need it to be, and with Metro stations only a few hundred yards away, getting around wouldn't be an issue.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

I have been to Paris for 1st time, stayed in Pink Hotel for 4 day - I found it Nice, comfortable with very friendly and helpful staff. The room was nice and comfortable, cleaned every day - though the bedding could have been changed at least twice within my stay however I believe it was just adjusted every morning with no change, did not bother me much since I only returned in the evening to sleep over and hit the town next day. The metro is close to the hotel and it only takes 8min to the city centre, over all I enjoyed my stay at Pink Hotel and would return again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Lima
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

We arrive to this hotel with high expectations but we found that rooms were extremly small. We requested in advance for a room with twin beds and they gave us a matrimonial one, we asked them to separate them and they said they will do it but when we returned, they said they needed to change us to a different room as it wasn't possible to separate the beds in that room...it was too small so we had to stayed there as it was too late to change.
The staff was friendly and the location even if it's far from most of the attractions, there is a metro station very close from the hotel so the distance is not a problem at all as you can be in the Eiffell Tower within 15 minutes only.
We didn't have the breakfast included, I think it was too expensive compared with the prices of the nearby bakery with awsome breads and pastry!
Room's decoration is just as in the website.
We think that the price was too expensive.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

I stayed there for two nights and love it -- the rooms were very clean and the staff was fantastic. They went out of their way to help you with anything you need. The hotel is adorable. The hotel is not in a very touristy part of town, but I thought that was great because you get a little more of the flavor of Paris without being targeted as a tourist. I would stay there again if I am in Paris.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo