“Great way to see real Paris.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 158 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: How will you visit Paris? With expats, or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services? Alex, Charlotte, Bertrand and Cécile are native borns of Paris. We share our city. We do not give you a standard tourist product, we treat you like a visiting friend, sharing our city's confidential venues along with our famed landmarks. Our Discover Walks tours are fun, informative and personal, so you feel part of Paris. Our group tours are free of price - you pay what you want. Private, paid tours are also available. 5 free tours to choose from. We now also offer a Night Tour. All tours are easy and comfortable, in intimate, small groups, in English, and run every day run or shine.Guests say Discover Walks are like exploring Paris in the company of a local friend.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to see real Paris.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Go - try this. Real Parisians show you Paris the way it should be seen - through their eyes. Highly recommended. We definitely saw a different Paris this trip by going to the Flea Market with Bertrand. Really fun and very informative. Lots of history and lots of back stories that are not in any guide book. The tours was a little over an hour and a half but we ended up staying after the tour - went to a bistro recommended by our guide and spent the whole day at the market. Really great!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIQUE! UNIQUE FUN AND MEMORABLE HIGHLY RECOMMEND!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!These guys are fantastique!I found DISCOVER WALKS PARIS via a Paris blog then looked them up on Tripadvisor. After reading all the positive reviews on TA, I came up with the idea of combining the DISCOVER WALK OF MONTMARTE with a simple committment ceremony to renew our marriage vows at the " i love you " wall for our impending trip to Paris. So I started corresponding with Bertrand from Discoverwalks via email from Australia as I wanted to surprise my husband on Valentines Day 2012. Bertrand is a lovely man and excellant communicator and together we constructed a plan that combined the Discover walk of Montmarte tour and a simple committment ceremony conducted by guide Philipe.We had orgnized that upon arriving in Paris i would make contact via mobile phone BUT I had a hiccup with my mobile and french sim card and lost contact with Bertrand I need not of worried as these guys had it all planned and kept the lines of commuinication open via email which was a great relief to me as I was worried my plan would not come to fruition due to a technology error!! These guys have EXCELLANT ENGLISH SKILLS which was a bonus as my french is is basic !So On Valentines Day 2012 we met outside Blanche metro stop. our party consisted of hubby myself our nearly 5 year old son and grandma. Philipe welcomed us to Paris & started the tour and when we got to the "i love you "wall in the park Philipe surprised my husband and invited him to renew his vows with me & conducted the "ceremony"complimented with a beautiful white rose bouquet for me,( the bride) french champagne, pink champagne biscuits and non alcholhic fizzy drink so our son could join in the toast! A very thoughtful gesture on Philipes part.My husband was overwhelmed with the surprise and was delighted with the sentiment !! Of course he said YES! Philipe and Bertrand exceeded my expectations after my experience of a very difficult year health wise,and helped me create a wonderful memory for my husband and my family . Philipe was a delightfully charming man full of passion for his beloved city Paris and the Montmarte district. He was a perfect choice for my sentimental plan!Our nearly 5 year old son absolutely loved the stories and the stops along the way! Philipe is a natural public speaker with excellant english and exercised discretion during the tour and avoided the more "colourful" parts of Montmarte taking into consideration that we did have a small child with us. We loved climbing the hill to Sacre-Coeur and watching the sunset whilst the eiffel tower lit up the evening sky.This walk was the MONTMARTE DISCOVER WALK pre booked, via email, weeks beforehand, at a time we agreed upon, plus our committment ceremony prepared by the wonderful Philipe which I paid extra for. It was not expensive by any means and created a wonderful memory for my family.You can pick up the MONTMARTE tour and other DISCOVER WALK tours daily in Paris please see their website for details and look for the pink vest the guides wear -which made it so easy to find Philipe in a crowd! I higly recommend this company and thank Bertrand and Philipe for all their help! We feel like we have not only experienced a special moment but have made 2 new friends! 10/10 exceeded expectations!Merci beaucoup! PS whilst there is no fee for each walk the suggested TIP for each walking tour is 10 euros per person and worth every euro!

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“a good introdution”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I took two of their tours..The trip through Montmartre was fine. I also did the Latin Quarter. Our novice guide was super enthusiasticbut I would just suggest that the retelling of the story of Cyrano be more abbreviated as to not cut into tour time.Otherwise good job to both gals.( toured last week)
BTW appreciated the deep discounted tour coupon for the river cruise. A great deal . I wish I had had time to do their other walks.
Thanks!

Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Paris through the eyes of a Parisian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

While browsing the web in preparation of our trip to Paris earlier this month we found out about Discover Walks. The concept sounded very interesting to us - “real” Parisians who were born and grew up in the French capital take tourists on five different walking tours through Paris.
The tours are tip-supported and you don’t need any reservation. Meeting times and places are published in the internet or in the brochure – so you can just show up, discover Paris and pay the guide as much as the tour is worth to you.
We decided to give Discover Walks a try, because there was nothing to lose. On our first day we took the Great Landmarks tour, which started at the Opera Garnier. When we arrived at the meeting point our guide named Alexandre was already there and not to miss in his pink vest. One couple from the U.S. and another one from Brazil joined us, so we were six tourists on the tour. Alexandre was very friendly, funny and full of passion for his city. He told us many interesting little stories about “things that make the world go round” (which was kind of a motto of the tour)…..arts, politics, money and love. Hope I didn’t forget one. And of course we learned about the landmarks of Paris. He showed us also a lot of very nice unique places which we would never have found if we strolled through the streets on our own. We enjoyed the tour very much and learned a lot in those 90 minutes. Unfortunately time passed by so quickly. There was a special atmosphere on the tour, it felt very personal . After the tour Alexandre provided us with some coupons and a lot of handy tips, for example where to eat, what else so see, …
Because of this great experience we decided to join another Discover Walk the next day, the Notre Dame tour. Just as the day before a guide in a pink vest had already been there when we arrived at the meeting point. He introduced himself as Philippe. An American woman joined us – so this time we were a tiny group of only three people plus the guide. Philippe took us one time around Notre Dame. We stopped several times and he told us so many interesting stories about Notre Dame and things that had happened on the island. This tour also was great and we loved his special cynical sense of humour. This tour lasted one hour. Both guides spoke a perfect English.
Unfortunately we didn’t have time for the other tours. But we are looking forward to join the Discover Walks when we return.
I recommend Discover Walks 100%. Those two tours were the highlights of our trip to Paris.

2 Thank Adlerine F
Catania, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“More than just a tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Our landmarks tour with Alexandre was fantastic! We learned the background stories for the landmarks that most tourists will never know and gained a greater understanding of how the city became so grand. In addition, Alex was fun and helpful, providing us with useful information for the rest of our trip. He gave us a booklet that lists the guides' favorite restaurants. He also recommended a show that we went to that night, "How to Become Parisian in an Hour" that was lots of fun. If we'd have had another day in Paris we would've done another walk. Highly recommended!