Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Pere-Lachaise Cemetery
from US$14.31
from US$14.51
from US$202.05
6,643 results
All reviews jim morrison oscar wilde pere lachaise buried here final resting place marcel marceau famous names interesting place metro stop wear comfortable shoes few hours couple of hours walk around take your time works of art homes choir
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have no words for the amazement I felt walking about the resting places of my favourite authors, painters, composers and many other figures.
Hint: Jim Morisson is a difficult one to find even with a map, but you just have to follow the crowds of people wearing Doors T-shirts. Beautiful.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I highly recommend Pere-Lachaise to anyone who will enjoy "grave-sighting". Its a little bit out of the city center, worth 30-45 min by metro depending where you are coming from. I went there on an early Sunday morning, it wasn't crowded at all but you can easily get lost. Also, I guess it rained the night before so some pathways are muddy.Each graves is different from one another and some mausoleums are very artistic.
One of the things that I can say wrong about this place is some grave site (Jim Morrison in particular), is a dumping ground of empty beer bottles/cans, cigarette buds and ladies undies. It was disrespectful and inappropriate. Long live Rock and Roll alright!!!!!!

Resting place of Gericault, Chopin, Piaf, Wilde, Moliere and Jim Morrison to name a few, it is a very nice spot to relax and walk around, most definitely will come back.

Date of experience: March 2013
3  Thank MsHinata_T
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Peace and dignity reign along with world know celebrities around! Top cremation facilities where a reception wioth music can be given during the ceremony.My favourite place for the everafter!!!

Date of experience: February 2013
2  Thank Angelo1951
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I can say Pere-Lachaise Cemetery is a must-see place in Paris, in particular if you are familiar with lives and works of some of the many famous people are buried there. I really like the south-east corner of the cemetery Mur des Fédérés (mostly for the historical significance).
The place is nice for a relaxing walk. I have been there with other people and also on my own, and I liked it much better when I was alone.
You should get a map at the entrance, although there is a good chance that they be out of the maps. I suggest you download the map in your phone or make a print of that. You can reach there via metro Gambetta or Pere-Lachaise to reach there.

Date of experience: March 2013
1  Thank ShahinKamali
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Definitely worth visiting. You will need to buy a map or download an app if you want to seek out specific graves. Alternatively you could just wander around the maze of paths & tombstones - crowds of visitors will alert you to graves of well-known figures. It's a beautiful place and quite something to stand at the graveside of figures such as Chopin, Piaf or Wilde but be prepared to be appalled at the vandalism-in-the-name-of-love of certain graves, particularly Wilde's.

Date of experience: December 2012